Author Topic: Message from Tracy's family  (Read 62681 times)

Offline MamaLiz

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • mmmmm raspberries!
Re: Message from Tracy's family
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2011, 22:02:25 pm »
I have learned and grown so much and am a better, more confident and connected, and most importantly happier mother (with a happier DD and DH) for the things I've learned from Tracy's book and the ladies on this forum.  I was so happy and lost and confused and overjoyed and scared and TIRED in the early days of motherhood.  Having lost my own mother at 10, I had only my sisters to turn to, who were helpful, but also busy with their own families.  When I had a (million) question(s) or was in tears at 3 in the morning, I had the forum and her books to turn to.  I didn't post on the forum for a very, very long time, but learned and took and comfort in reading others' questions and the many responses, the FAQ, the interview with Tracy etc - the feeling of family on the forum and the openness and willingness to help others - strangers - struck me right away as being different from the other parenting books and sites.  Even her writing, the tone of her advice, there's just something about it that was so comforting and reassuring and REAL - like a mother passing on her wisdom.  I later came to understand that was exactly what it was - she wasn't MY mother, but it didn't matter.

I am overwhelmed by the gratitude I feel, and I am in awe not only of her knowledge and experience, but also to think of the many, many babies, mothers and fathers on whom she's had an impact.  This forum is evidence of that, clearly, but I know there are even more out there (incl. the person who gave me this book who didn't know the site existed).  She must have been such an amazing woman, an inspiration, and sanity-saver to so many.

Offline vichill41

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2013, 03:29:40 am »
Hi, I am so sad to find out that Tracy has passed. I just joined the forum tonight. I  was told about the baby whisperer from a customer at work. It is the best advice I have been given.  My daughter is 9 months old and I know that knowing the information I learned from her has shaped my whole life. It has made motherhood an amazing experience. I will forever be grateful for the knowledge she has given to me. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Offline Fede

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Message from Tracy's family
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2014, 12:45:35 pm »
Hello Sara,

I'm from Italy and I've got a child (5 month). Your mother's books are near the bed, in case of emergency. If I know what to do with my baby when there's a problem, I have to thank these books!
I would like to have known her. (Sorry for my English)
I would like you two to know how much Tracy's teachings have been useful to me.
To grow up a child is really difficult but, especially the last book, explains perfectly every possible problem and how to solve it. I've never had experience with little children but reading your mothers words I've got time for me. Thamks to EASY routine.
Federica
Fede