Author Topic: Hand holding and advice pls  (Read 13207 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Hand holding and advice pls
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2018, 08:20:39 am »
Just a thought, maybe the awful night was caused by solids? She had a bit of bread and a bit of dd1s turkey in batter. But blw so it’s not like she actually swallowed more than a few bites. Just grasping at straws.
Yes, its possible - early on, solids can cause issues at night with the sensation of solid food rather than milk going through the gut. I guess if she's actually swallowing only sometimes, that may be a cause of disruption. Usually if you don't offer dinner but do breakfast and lunch, that settles down.

Sounds like CN, long nap, CN would be ideal for you then. She's certainly pretty sensitive when it comes to sleep so maybe if you can keep things as similar as possible each day, she will start to settle into that routine. I hope so, for your sake!

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2018, 09:01:01 am »
Just wondering with the sleep training, I don’t have to hold her any more, just lay next to her and hold her hand while stroking her head. Then I stay next to her and hold her arms or shush her when she gets restless. What’s next? I’m still stuck with her during naps and she’ll only do a cn if I’m not there. Even if I stay for most of the nap, she’ll wake 10min after I’ve left the room. Yesterday I stayed till 1,10min, she woke at 1.20. She doesn’t jolt at predictable times either, so that’s  a bit irritating.

Offline becj86

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2018, 20:47:20 pm »
Maybe just move away from her and just shush? Its really just gradually reducing your assistance.

Offline eva026

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2018, 07:40:40 am »
We’ve had two very restless nights, where she’s been awake for a while after the nfs. Bump in A time again? We are on 3h though and just moved a week ago. She barely makes it to 3h in the mornings and that would be my first go to increase. What do you think?

WU 7.50
S10.50
WU 12.20
S3.30 - also barely makes it, very tired and fussy
WU 5.00
BT 7.30 and asleep 7.50ish

Yesterday was the same but she slept 2h in the afternoon so was up at 6.30 and I did BT at 8.00

What should I push if she still isn’t 100 percent used to the new A time?
Looking at the sample easy plans, 3h is a very high A for her age.

Offline becj86

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2018, 20:46:37 pm »
I don't think I'd push beyond 3hr at this point, especially with 2xCN and a long nap being part of the equation.

Is she restless all through the night or just in a part of the night?

Offline eva026

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2018, 07:15:22 am »
She’s doing it :)))
Don’t want to jinx things but I got some naps without touching or shushing. Definite progress
Nights are better in that she’ll feed and go right back to sleep now. Still far too many NF but I guess that’s how she is. She’s pretty little, 10th cent. Can that be why?

Offline becj86

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2018, 20:49:48 pm »
Can be part of it, her stomach will be that bit smaller, yk?

Glad there's been some progress. At least now you know she *can*, even if she doesn't at times.

Offline eva026

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2018, 07:28:54 am »
Just an update.
We have kicked the short nap monster. I still stay with her for 40min if the first nap, in case. Can’t quite believe it. Yesterday I put her to sleep in her cot and she did two naps there of 1.5h wooohoo!
Nights are better too, we are having more and more where she has only 2 feeds. She still wakes for a 3 feed sometimes but it’s decreasing. DH has taken over one feed with ebm because I was on my last legs and just ratty all the time.
DD2 is now permanently in DD1s room and DD1 is in with us in the cot. Lucky we have a cot that is 140cm!  DD2 sleeps in DD1s bed but with pillow barriers all around her. She sleep there on her own till the 4am feed, then I join her and we cosleeping. I’m nervous about this arrangement as she gets more mobile. Not too sure what to do. Nothing bigger than the cot where DD1 now sleeps fits in our room, so moving it is out. I’m thinking to put a mattress down on the floor in the kids room for the baby. Definitely safer. What do you think? Will she be ok without a cot if she’s on the floor?
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all your patience and advice!

Offline becj86

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2018, 23:19:10 pm »
I’m thinking to put a mattress down on the floor in the kids room for the baby. Definitely safer. What do you think? Will she be ok without a cot if she’s on the floor?
Yes, I had DS sleeping on a mattress on the floor when we went out at night a few times and that was ok. I personally would probably be more comfortable with a mattress on the floor than having her on a bed with pillows as you're right, once she's moving, she will be able to get over them and then could fall off. I'd probably be a bit cautious walking into the room because you won't know necessarily where she is on the floor if you don't have something to keep her on the mattress though.

Glad things are getting better with the sleep, it can be exhausting when these issues go on and on for months.