Author Topic: Is this the 8-10 months sleep regerssion or something else?  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Alina.fluturas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Is this the 8-10 months sleep regerssion or something else?
« on: November 28, 2017, 14:46:44 pm »
Hi,

My boy is 8 months 1 week, we have a solid routine he is on 2 naps since he was about 7 months.
Around 7.5 months - 2-3 days before starting leap 6 he started waking too early in the morning and not going back to sleep or having to do wonders to make him go back to sleep (like taking him on my chest and rocking him etc.). It doesn't happen every morning (we had 6-6.30 am wake ups which is acceptable) but happens more often than not.
We have 9 more days of leap 6.
I'm going to post our routine and just need reassurance that it is a sleep regression and I jut have to wait it out and it's not me doimg something wrong routine wise.
So on a day we wouldn't have an early wake up this is how it goes:

6/6.30am wake up and bf
7.30ish breakfast
9/9.30 am nap for 1.5hs
10.30-10.45 am wake up and bf
12-12.30pm lunch
1.45-2pm nap for 1.5-2hs
wakes between 3.30-4pm and bf
5.30pm dinner
in bed asleep for the night by 7.30pm.
He wakes at night for a feed at random hours - before leap 6 it used to be 4-5am but with leap 6 it was anywhere between 1.30-4am...

So I'm trying to keep him awake about 3hs-3hs10mins in the morning then 3.25hs between naps and 3.5hs until nightsleep.
He falls asleep independently in like a few seconds to 2 minutes most times although the last 2 days he has faught second nap a little bit and woke up screaming midnap so had to go in and settle back to sleep.
So what do you think? Is there anything I'm not doing right?
When he wakes up earlier than 5.30am I try my best to get him back to sleep - sometimes with no success. If he wakes between 5.30-6am I leave him in his cot with lights off and no interraction until 6am.#Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Is this the 8-10 months sleep regerssion or something else?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 02:57:04 am »
Sounds like he needs an A time increase - especially the first one which is pretty short and the early wakings are likely to go away once you increase that first A time enough. I'd bump it to 3:20-3:30 and hold for a week then re-evaluate.

Fighting the nap is another sign the A times need a bump - you may be looking at getting one long nap and a shorter nap of ~45min-1hr as you increase your A times.