Author Topic: How do you do it with 3?!  (Read 1922 times)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
How do you do it with 3?!
« on: November 28, 2017, 22:05:16 pm »
Oh my lord, I cannot even fathom how I'm going to keep my third child on a set EASY!  I was pretty regimented with my first two boys and it worked because they were only 19 months apart but my second and third are 2.5yrs apart so we now have 4yr, 2.5 yrs and one month.  All I can manage is one two hour stretch at home when his siblings nap, the rest of the naps are on the go or in the sling while I'm cooking dinner.
How does one do this?!  My first two were amazing sleepers, I'd love to have a hat trick!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: How do you do it with 3?!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 15:19:45 pm »
Sorry you haven't had any replies - giving you a bump.

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 17:02:36 pm »
You do have to roll with a bit more with 3 - there is no real way of making it as regimented as it is with 2. If you can get a really good nap in the middle of the day then I would stick with that - that's what I was able to do with my third, and the other naps were always a bit more hit and miss. I must confess, he was not a brilliant sleeper, but I'm not sure how closely linked to his nap schedule that was. The key thing is to make sure that you are working on independent settling skills and you will get there in time - they grow constantly and their needs change and before you know it, it isn't a problem. For us, we kept the nap in the middle of the day at the same time rather than worrying too much about A times - the other naps moved a little and shortened, but having the core nap in the middle of the day was a lifesaver for us. It was also the easiest to preserve as coming home for lunch was an obvious thing to do, and the other ones rested at the same time so we all got a break - and tbh we still do it now, even though nobody sleeps (except me! 😜).

Hth - it can be a bit daunting to start out with when you have 3, but you will get in to the swing of it quickly enough.

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 22:23:50 pm »
Thanks so much!  That's great to hear.  I'd love to have him on a better organized EASY, I feel so badly for him but he's doing alright at night for the moment.  Maybe it'll get easier as it gets colder outside and we're forced to stay in...