Author Topic: 21 month old - low sleep needs?  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 21 month old - low sleep needs?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 22:24:56 pm »
I’d just do a few days of car naps and hope that it passes and try again next week x
Zoe

Offline Tabathagucci

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 02:57:18 am »
Just checking back in!  It's been a month and she's still refusing naps many days.  She takes a full nap 3-4 days a week.  The other days she refuses and then falls asleep in the car around 2 or 3 pm.  About once a week she refuses to nap completely.  If I nurse her she'll fall asleep no problem but I'm not doing that. She goes to bed fine most nights.  I sometimes have to sit with her in the chair in the dark for a bit but then she goes into her crib awake and falls asleep on her own.  I've tried sitting in the chair with her at naptime and she refuses.  She's also been waking early, usually around 5:30.  Sometimes she wakes before 5 and I can occasionally get her back down but not for long.
Here is our schedule:
Wake 5:30-ish
Nap 1:30-3:30/3:45, if in car 2:30-3
Bed 7:45 asleep at 8.

Any suggestions on tweaking the schedule to help?  I guess I should push nap later but she wakes so darn early!!  Also, I've been trying to get her to bed early when she naps short in the car, like an hour early.  If she doesn't nap at all, I nurse her at 6 and she falls asleep at the breast. Should I be altering her bed time that much with a short nap?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:00:02 am by Tabathagucci »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 14:44:37 pm »
I think if she’s not napping those days the BT needs to be much earlier, the EW could be down to OT. Also the nap might be better earlier as she may get past it!?
My DS2 is 23 months and goes between 12.30/1 for 1.5/2 hours any later and we get OT messing about x
Zoe

Offline Tabathagucci

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 22:53:18 pm »
She's typically needed a late nap to combat early wakings.  Before we had the time change, she wa snapping 1:30/1:45 and waking around 6/6:30.  I tried keeping the nap at 12:45 when the time rolled back and it worked for 1 day and then she started refusing.  I moved it later, which seemed to help some, but not every day. There was definitely a developmental period going on when it started, huge language and cognitive developments.  But it's been 6 weeks, so maybe we've just gotten way off track and need to get back somehow?  I've been trying to put her down at 1:40 every day and it's hit and miss. 

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 20:26:12 pm »
Is she tired before 1.40 or just happy carrying on with her day?
Zoe