Author Topic: 6 month old NW  (Read 1202 times)

Offline MummyMoo17

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6 month old NW
« on: November 30, 2017, 22:09:01 pm »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can offer some pointers for my 6 month old DD's sleep...We've been on BW since about 6wks and it's been going great, she's and E.A.S.Y baby and put down in her cot awake for naps (she gets around 3hrs a day) and the night but the one thing we can't seem to crack is nighttimes, we have a sporadic good night but pretty much we have at least 1 early night waking.

Over the past two weeks we've had a couple of 1.30am wakings, quite a few wakings around 2.30am (but nothing consistent it'll be 2.18, 2.50, 2.34 etc) and a smattering of later than 3am. We've had one at 5.15 which was AMAZING but not to be repeated :( Usually if she wakes before 3am we get at least another NW (sometime around 4.30am) before up time at 7am.

In addition to her NW, she has started to wake up screaming 40mins after going down at night, if she's left she just gets more worked up, if i go in and either sing or pick her up once she's straight back down.

All of this has been since before she transitioned onto 2 naps so i didn't think that can be the cause..

Our routine is below:

Wake up: 7am (sometimes earlier if she's decided shes up but nothing easlier than 6.30)
E: 7am
A: 7.20am
S: 9-9.30am (it's shifting now as we're transitioning onto 2 naps), she'll generally go down for at least 1.5hrs+
E: 11am
A: 11.20am
E: 1pm (solids)
S: 2-2.30pm, again down for 1.5-2hrs
E: 4pm. I occasionally will give her a top up feed around 5pm if she's being wingey.
A: 4.20pm
E: 5.30pm (solids)
S: 7pm
NF: 10.30/10.45pm

Any help would be really appreciated.

xox

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 6 month old NW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 19:16:33 pm »
Hi there and welcome to BW forums :)

Sorry to see you didn't get any replies yet.

I wonder if the last A time is perhaps a little long? It looks like it could be 3hr to 3hr 30 depending when the last nap ended and this could lead to NWs due to some OT before BT.  Maybe try a slightly earlier BT, esp if that second nap is not the 2hrs you'd hope for.  you could also move the first nap a bit later (longer A time) just to help even out the day a bit.

For what it's worth, mine woke early into his night sleep for a long time and he was totally independent for naps and nights from a young age, and no change to routine changed it, it was just something developmental with him where he seemed to be bothered by processing his day during sleep. This became apparent when he was older and verbal and would talk or shout out in his sleep, never scary nightmares, things about toy spanners or apples.