Author Topic: Need help with 2-1 nap transition or is it to early?  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Need help with 2-1 nap transition or is it to early?
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:03:52 am »
My little guy just turned 7 months on the 1st, he has always been above average for activity time and tends to do longer. Right now he wakes at 7:40/8am and eats right away. He is one a 4 hr easy, but now with his active time I've bumped him back to 3 hrs since he can do about 3:30mins of activity time. He usually naps for about 1:30hrs to 2hrs. And then I squeak in a 30min nap in the afternoon around 4 ish depending on the day. Then I try to get him to bed at 7:30... the last few days he has had a developmental leap and is constantly on the go with crawling and pulling himself up etc. Plus he popped out 2 teeth within a week. I give him Advil before bed but he has been waking every 20-30mins and is hard to get to settle at night time. How long should his day be hour wise if he wakes at 7:30/8am and when should I be aiming for bed time? I've been having a heck of a time trying to settle him at nighttime for bed and I'm not sure if it's teething or if he needs more activity time.
He is basically moving himself to. 2-1 nap transitions, so instead of two 1:30hr naps he takes one bigger one and one cat nap.

Easy as follows:
Eat 7:30/8
Activity 7:30-11/11:30
Eat 11 ish
Sleep 11:30-1/1:30
Activity 1:30-4:30/5pm
Eat 3pm
Sleep 4/4:30-5pm
Eat 6pm
Night time 7:30 aiming

Offline ZanesOTmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Need help with 2-1 nap transition or is it to early?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 01:42:03 am »
Hi there. I’ll be following this along as our LOs are pretty much on same routine. DS is 8m1w old and had been on same EASY (WU 7am though) for 3-4 weeks now but could’ve been sooner if I had the guts to extend AT earlier on... the only difference is last AT is 2.45-3h, 3.15 if last nap was over an hour. His typical day is 13-13.5 hours but he’s been managing ok.

I hope things get better for you soon 🤞🏼❤️

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 21:17:27 pm »
Yep, 2-1 transition can certainly start here. Its nothing like as fast as 3-2 so you've a while to sit with a long nap and a CN which just gradually reduces in length.

I think a 12hr night is unrealistic at this point - think of a 13hr day/11hr night. You can probably make the CN 45min or so.

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 00:25:54 am »
Well as it turns out I think he was ut. He would start his day at 7/8am and would have his first nap 3:30hrs after waking. But his cn needs to end no later then 3:30/4pm for his to be ready for bed around 7:30pm. Once I figured that out, he has been sleeping much better. It's just that cn that can be tricky as sometimes he doesn't want to go down for it... which makes for a longer night 8pm ish depending on when he got up from the cn. I think eventually it would phase out the cn once his activity time increases more and pushes out his first nap to a later time and depending on when he wakes it might make sense for an early bedtime rather then a cn.

Thanks for you insight!