Author Topic: 7 months old awake middle of the night for 2-3 hours  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Ellyphant1984

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 months old awake middle of the night for 2-3 hours
« on: December 11, 2017, 02:36:27 am »
Hi, my husband and I started sleep training our 7 month old baby using pupd a month ago. From a baby who needed brisk walk or vigorous rocking to sleep to one who can self settle (with some fussing/crying). Since using pupd method, she only wake once at night to nurse and goes to sleep till 5/6am. But since 4 days ago, she started crying badly at bedtime and refuse to settle for 20-30 mins and she will wake up anywhere between 1am to 3am and refuse to go back to bed for 2-3 hours. She had learnt how to pull herself up and stand in her cot so she would stand there and cry. If we sit her down trying to put her to sleep, she would cry hysterically. If we ignore her, she would also cry and scream u til we get her out of the cot and into our bed. We've been doing that since day 2 of this fiasco cos we have been too tired. She's on a 3 hour plus awake time as I've been trying to get her to sleep in later but she will wake up between 5-6:30am. Her typical  day goes like this:

WU: 5- 6:30am
E:6:30am
A: 3 hours (++) no matter what time she wake, I will nap her same time
S: 9:40am- 10-10am (30 mins only- haven't been able to extend this nap)
E: 11am
A: 3 hours (+)
S: 1:40pm-4pm (2 hours 20 mins)
E: 4pm
A: 3 hours
S: 7pm

Are we making any mistakes? She was sleeping pretty well for a few weeks and then this happen. I'm worried because she's only sleeping 8 hours at night and 2 hour plus. Any advice would be highly appreciated! Thank you.

Offline Ellyphant1984

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 7 months old awake middle of the night for 2-3 hours
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:39:15 am »
Forgot to mention that I am still napping her in arms. Too afraid that she will be overtired. She doesn't need to be walked, rocked or nurse to sleep though. Just in my arm while I'm sitting down and patting her. It didn't affect her night sleep previously.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 7 months old awake middle of the night for 2-3 hours
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 19:13:23 pm »
Hi, sorry you've waited so long for a reply. How are things now?