Author Topic: Catch up for OT 2.5 year old?  (Read 11230 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: Catch up for OT 2.5 year old?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 18:55:28 pm »
Oh wow!

Ok so something like:

WU 7:30 am
S 1:30ish-2:15ish pm
BT 8 pm? Or a little earlier?
Jennifer xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 07:14:56 am »
Maybe try little earlier for BT or judge his mood. I know it seems a short nap but for us with DS1 I got sick of being up and down the stairs till 9.30pm so I just decided we needed to get a longer nightcand less day sleep.

Give it s week of trying and see what happens, you can always change it again if it’s not working x
Zoe

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 02:46:56 am »
We are trudging along. I haven’t cut his nap to be honest c he keeps saying his tooth hurts. Should I cut it anyways?

I have noticed that when he goes down right at the normal scheduled nap then it takes longer for him to go to bed. If his nap is later say by a half hour, he is easier to get to sleep. Is that common?

Do they still need 13 hour days with an hour nap? Or should I aim for a shorter day with an hour nap?

I was trying to do it gradually...to see if we found a sweet spot. Maybe I’m just in denial lol
Jennifer xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 13:11:50 pm »
Hi
To be honest I’d either cut the nap and do earlier to beddpr leave nap longer and accept later BT for a while.
We did go through a phase of 14 hour days when nap needed to be shortened etc.x
Zoe

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 22:14:45 pm »
This is helpful. I definitely see where the nap needs to be cut. I will continue to work on being consistent and hopefully it will work itself out.

Is there a regression? Maybe because he is talking all the time now?
Jennifer xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 10:27:25 am »
There are developmental leaps every birthday and half birthday so that could contribute x
Zoe

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 04:05:37 am »
Ok it seems that way shhheeeessshhh! I am going to keep plugging away at shortening the nap. He takes his best naps between 6-6:15A. But with the holidays and tons of traveling back and forth throughout December and January, it’s been really hard to get back to a good routine. Our problem is him fighting the nap when we are even 15 minutes late. So it messes up the day bc he takes a very late nap then I’m scared to put him to bed at the normal time bc I’m scared of long NW which has happened.

What do I do if say he finally drops off at 7A? Do I establish a permanent wakeup time despite when he naps so that there is still a decent BT or do I still do normal BT bc it makes up for the crazy long morning prior to naptime?

I’m hoping things will calm down now that we are done with celebrations for awhile sonhoping we can get back to a solid routine.
Jennifer xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 21:46:56 pm »
I honestly can’t say on A times at this age we didn’t go by A time just set naps and to be honest most naps were apopped by now as he was refusing. Mostly we had to be up from sleep by 3pm to get 8pm BT.

At this age if there is a long late nap I’d prob doubt you’d get normal BT but you never know, some prefer short A to bed. Just poss have to play around till you get the right balance. By 28 months are naps were down to 20 mins max and pretty soon after gone and shorter days.
Zoe

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 02:40:20 am »
This is hard! Today he fought his nap in the car for an hour. I woke him up at 45 and he is currently sleep for the last hour!

Could he be super OT from all the UT mess? Like a cycle?

I feel like he’s having shorter nights (9.5-10) and fighting sleep all around despite being obviously tired. Like forcing his eyes to be open. I’m so lost.

Today he was up at 7:45, finally fell asleep at 3:30 pm; woke him up at 4:15; put him down at 8:40 pm

Should I have put him down sooner? Or maybe just said forget the nap. I feel like this is going to happen again and I won’t know what to do.

He also has a cold now  which is why I’m getting frustrated with his continued lack of rest.
Jennifer xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 18:42:32 pm »
With the transition to no nap it is a bit of a case of winging it some days. On that day I’d I’d prob of done what you did x
Zoe

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 20:45:49 pm »
Thank you. I’m having A really hard time with this. He keeps fighting his nap. Today I put him down at 1:30 to be asleep by 1:45 and he didn’t sleep at all. He’s a wreck.  what do I do?

Maybe he needs his nap pushed out?

Today he woke up at 7:45ish.

He’s not ready to drop the nap completely that’s evident by his behavior right now.
Jennifer xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 10:10:45 am »
Sorry didn’t get chance to reply how was the night?
Zoe

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 12:43:27 pm »
It’s ok!

I put him down before 7 (the earliest I could put him down), he still fought sleep for almost a half hour. He finally passed out at about 7:20 am. He stirred at an hour crying and flailing around but then went back to sleep quickly. After that he slept through to 7. So overall he got 11.75 hours.

He hasn’t slept through the night like this in for fever but the day was rough with him not napping. He was super wired and irritable. His speech wasn’t as clear as usual. I could tell he definitely needed a nap.

My question is now what? I was planning to have my husband put him down at 1 pm (6A). How long should he sleep? Full nap or capped?

I’m still unsure what’s happening with him fighting naps so much either.
Jennifer xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 21:14:25 pm »
it’s really if you think you’d rather he long napped but had a longer day or cap nap and shorter day?
Zoe

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 20:40:22 pm »
That day he slept fine.

Today he fought his nap again for an hour and 20 minutes! Flailing around and resisting. He had a rough night on Wednesday then yesterday my mom let him nap for nearly 3 hours then he went to bed ok still sleeping10.5 hours.

Yesterday:
WU 7:15 am
S 2-5 pm (resisted sleep my mom told me)
BT 9:45 pm (asleep by)

Today:
WU 8 am
S 3:20- (put him down at 2; he was happily playing when I scooped him up for a nap)

Is this a recipe for NND?

He said his tooth hurt but I’ll admit that’s random bc it looked like his teeth were in. He’s also pretty congested this week but no fever. I would think he would want to sleep more.
Jennifer xx