Author Topic: 6 month sleep regression??  (Read 1263 times)

Offline gingermary

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 26, 2017, 15:37:06 pm »
So we’ve been on EASY pretty much from the beginning and were siping good til he got sick around 3 months and we’re having sleep issues a few weeks after that...did some shh/pat sleep training and had major progress...we did his routine and would lay him down for naps, sometimes without ever having to pat his back at all(he’s a tummy sleeper). Naps were a breeze...bedtime took longer but nothing like how it was before the sleep training. Things were going good. I had three nights in a row that he slept without me having to go into his room from dream feed at 11 until WU around 7:30-8...then he cut his first tooth and all went downhill. Then less than a week later he gets t his second tooth...he was waking up crying many times a night and I’d try not to nurse him, but sometime I did and it helped and sometimes he didn’t want it. Bedtime started getting harder and then nap times began to get just as hard...he’d cry when I laid him down, cry when I picked him up...occasionally I could get him to sleep nursing(I didn’t want to create a prop so I’d only do it at my wits end and only at bedtime, not nap time)...and now he’s waking up much earlier than normal as well and not going back to sleep! I’m SO exhausted!...and have three other kids 4,6, and 7...
any tips? I’d try PU/PD but that goes with the idea that he stops crying when you pick him up and you put him down when he stops crying...he just keeps crying whether he’s down or up!  :'(

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 6 month sleep regression??
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 20:42:53 pm »
This age is common for routine trouble- could you post yours for us to have a look at?  How are you settling him to sleep now?