Author Topic: Nap strike 27 month old  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Girlstar28

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 28, 2017, 19:44:59 pm »
I am beyond frustrated with my 27 month old. 

It will be 3 weeks On Saturday that she hasn’t napped more than half an hour if she even naps.  It was a sudden onset.  The week prior napped fine and the. That Saturday she refused.

She cries and screams from her room “mommy daddy open door” “I want to pee” “I want to go downstairs” “Help!”  among other lines she uses.  She will scream for the entire time that it made her throw up yesterday.

I’ve tried pushing her nap back a bit and noticed her rubbing her eyes and she said she’s tired, yet she’ll go in to nap (with same routine as before) and then start wailing.

I’ve been trying to Tire her out and take her to indoor gyms and such.

She started potty training around the same time.  But it seems like major FOMO.  I also invested in a Hatch rest toddler clock with the coloured lights and explained red means quiet time and green is time to wake up (today is first day in use).

I am just so sick and tired of this every day.  I’ve asked on other forums and people think she is dropping nap but her doctor said and I’ve read online that kids under 3 should still nap or have quiet time.  Also at night she passes out quickly which tells me she needs the nap.

Does anyone know how long these strikes go on for or have any help because I’m so fed up with her. 

Wake up 7 am around then (screaming as well I’m trying to use the clock to have her stop screaming rarely has she ever woken peacefully)
Nap used to be 1-2:30/3, I am not going to try 1:30/1:45 (failing today with new time).
Bedtime when she napped was 8.  When she isn’t napping I’m rushing to put her in bed for 7:30.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 20:00:59 pm by Girlstar28 »

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Nap strike 27 month old
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:17:35 am »
It is totally possible she is dropping the nap, my DD was done napping at that age. Mine would still nap but then wouldn't sleep at night until about 10pm so the nap went.

I would follow her lead she can have quiet time with you and some books if she doesn't like being alone and then make bedtime earlier. I think they are better with a longer solid night sleep to be honest.

Laura

Offline Girlstar28

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 12:16:21 pm »
Thank you.  Is it normal for the nap to drop cold turkey over night and I’ll if a sudden one day?  She has passed out a couple of times but only for half an hour then pops up screaming to get out

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Nap strike 27 month old
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 17:31:36 pm »
It can be normal to just stop - some do some need a long time to adjust. They are so individual it's hard to know what "normal" is at this age!

I think cold turkey is better - I don't have the patience for a slow wean so everything we have done has been cold turkey really. Both mine are pretty go with the flow kids though so it suited them and us.

Laura

Offline Girlstar28

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 01:04:53 am »
She is incredibly whiny and sensitive and fragile and cries at the drop of a dime when she is severely and chronically overtired.