Author Topic: 7 Month suddenly wont go down to sleep at night.  (Read 1178 times)

Offline LozzieMama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 Month suddenly wont go down to sleep at night.
« on: January 01, 2018, 22:40:15 pm »
Hi there, I need some help with getting my 7 month to settle and transition through sleep cycles.

A bit about our situation; i co-slept with my baby until around 3 months, from there she went into her bedside bassinet and i wanted from around 6 months for her to go into her larger cot.

I didn't need to do sleep training as she had a good 3 nap routine during the day, wake around 7am and went to bed around 7 pm. I did feed/rock/shhh her to sleep, but it never took long and i was happy to do it and she was sleeping well.  She might wake up a couple times, but with a hug she would go back to sleep. Now she can be up till 11pm, and she is grizzly and over tired.

At around 5.5/6 months i would put my daughter down when she was tired, maybe give the bassinet a little rock (with me hidden) or just leave and she would go to sleep.

At around 6 and half months, my daughter suddenly started to cry/scream if i tried to put her down in her cot, day or night. At this time she had a fever and we were also moving her from her bedside bassinet to her cot. I delayed moving her to her cot due to the fever and she came back into the bed with me as she could now sit and the bassinet was no longer safe.

Now, at 7 months I feel like im starting over, day times are fine, she goes down quite easily, though the naps are usually quite short. But night times are still a struggle. She cries in her cot (which we have now moved next to our bed to help the transition) and she cries if we hold her in the room. she will fall asleep eventually if i hold her, but wakes if I put her in her cot, and if she doesn't wake instantly  then is wont be long until she does.

I really don't want to do CIO or controlled crying, we tried it one morning and she cried/screamed for two hours, going in just seemed to make things worse. The PUPD method just seemed to wind her up too.

Any advise would be appreciated, thanks

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: 7 Month suddenly wont go down to sleep at night.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 01:25:15 am »
Hello, hugs!
It does seem like you have a few sleep props/associations  to deal with.  What I have found reading and responding on this board for over a year is that you should probably look at the routine first. Could you post your current EAS routine?

Once the routine seems age appropriate, you can tackle any or all sleep props that you are dealing with.