Author Topic: Time for a routine adjustment??  (Read 1228 times)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Time for a routine adjustment??
« on: January 15, 2018, 13:26:35 pm »
My LO is just over 15 months. She is a good sleeper barring (teething, illness and standard developmental changes). Her routine has been pretty consistent since she was 12 months old (mostly due to work/daycare requirements).

My daycare is somewhat flexible with nap times, so they have accommodated small adjustments thus far.
Her current schedule is a follows:

6:00AM wake*
12:00PM nap
2:15 PM wake**
7:00 PM bedtime***

**Recently it has been taking her longer to settle for her nap and she may wake earlier.

***Sometimes it can take up to 30 mins for her to settle for bed

*Sometimes she will have early wakes, often will fall back asleep

Each day will consist of 1 or a combination of the above scenarios (NOT all 3). She is also happy in these cases, when she is settling or waking. She tends to settle eventually on her own and wakes and plays, talks etc.

We pushed her nap this weekend till 12:30 and she had a solid 2h nap (had to wake her at 2:30). She used to take 2:15-2:30 naps. I think I may be in denial that she does not need a 2:30 nap anymore (they were so nice!!). The couple times recently when we did let her sleep her longer nap, she took longer to settle for bedtime.

I am not sure if we are at that point when we need to choose... longer nap with later bedtime or shorter nap and keep bedtime??

What do you think?

She has always been on the lower end of the sleep need spectrum (13-13.5h total) was her sweet spot for sleep.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Time for a routine adjustment??
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 16:22:28 pm »
Hi, I think you’ve answered it lol you need to have later bedtime if the nap is long or cap it at 2 hours if your getting messing about.
My eldest had a 14 hour day/10 hour night for quite a while at this age as didn’t do well on capped naps x
Zoe

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 00:20:14 am »
Thanks!
We are in a state of limbo for a little while as her daycare cannot accommodate the 1230 nap time yet, but they have agreed to transition her early to the next "room" likely at the end of the month.

So right now, they put her down just after 12 and she doesn't fall asleep till 1215-1230 and usually wakes by 2.

It is strange because on these days with the short naps she acts OT in the evening (hyperactive), but then seems UT when I put her down (taking 30 mins to settle)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 19:05:57 pm »
It could all be OT behaviour. Is BT still 7?
Zoe

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 22:39:51 pm »
Yup... I was thinking that... Now that she has shorter nap.
The daycare only recently started to report on her actual sleep time... For a while they were reporting PD and pick up time. After noticing how different her weekends were I started asking about settling and wake up times...

Bedtime is still 7... I used to PD for 645 when I saw that hyperactive behavior... I may have to return to that until they can accommodate her nap time ?????

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 09:48:48 am »
Might be worth a trial of earlier BT on daycare days x
Zoe