Author Topic: 4 weeks baby born at 37 weeks. Awake at night I bought and read this book since  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Nita22

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I bought and read this book since I notice my 4 weeks old baby girl is Starting to be more awake at night thstbduring the day. I has been focus on breastfeeding and I was told that it is normal for early babies to be very sleepy.
I started the E.A.S.y routine today but I am struggle wakeing her up and being this little I am confused how to get her to a normal routine. I fed her and did the activity she was barely awake then I put her in the crib and she cries and act like she is hungry so my instinct was to fed her and then I got her to be sleepy again to put her down.. Finally I put her to sleep in the rock and play.

My question is since my baby was born at 37 weeks and having this night issue I wanted to ask if there is any special consideration since she is 4 weeks old. She was born nov 25th but her due date was Dec 13th. Being so sleepy, having the day and night inverted and trying to do the EASY routine..
Any tip or information is greatly appreciated I am confused probably because I am sleep deprived.
Thanks in advance

Offline Nita22

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Additionally, my little one has reflux so I cannot do the shh and pat she sleeps best in the rock and play.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Normal gestation is 37-41 weeks, so a baby born at 37 weeks isn't really born early enough to make a difference.
It's pretty normal for babies under 6 weeks old to be be very sleepy &  many do just "sleep, feed & poop" & repeat.

In the early weeks the idea of EASY is really that they don't fall asleep when feeding, so a nappy/diaper change after feeding & then help to sleep,
The reason that she may act hungry after being fed is that 4 weeks is a time for a growth spurt & in breast fed babies they want to feed more.

In terms of night & day mixed up, keep trying to get awake time in the day and lots of direct daylight/sunlight if you can. Then at night try to feed in the dark and no stimulation, just feed & sleep, only change nappy if they are dirty or very wet.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:33:37 am by Katet »
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05