Author Topic: 25 month old - EW again!  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Han12345

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 08, 2018, 12:35:27 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have had such great advice on here that I hope you don't mind me coming back for more  :). My little girl is so confusing when it comes to sleep and I find having the best routine is what suits her but sometimes it might need changing which I need help with.

She has been ok around Christmas and we got her the gro-clock. She was just starting to understand it and stay settled in bed till the sun came up (around 6.30) but this last week she has gone back to square one. Each morning waking at 6 or earlier and bursting into tears and screaming (to me this has always meant she is still tired).

She is also trying everything to resist bed time. Even to the point where if I do not sit at the door whilst she tries to go to sleep she will scream and scream. So I'm now waiting outside the door just so she can see me, until I feel I can sneak off. Some nights this week she hasn't been going to sleep till 8.30 but then waking around 6am which is not enough sleep for her at all. She looks tired and is very grouchy.

My husband has been off work so I'm not sure if him being around has caused her to be different (we've had busy days out and he plays with her a lot more than I do). I've stopped him doing bedtime the last few nights because he can't calmly put her to bed, they are always running around and he also gives in to her which results in her being more demanding. Then she starts shouting for him when mummy is setting rules  ::)

She still naps well in the day which she is always ready for but I'm wondering if this could be causing problems? Should I be capping it? She does nearly 2 hours every day unless at nursery.

This morning she was up at 5am! I tried everything to tell her it was still night time, I eventually managed to get her to go back to bed but she didn't go back to sleep and she wanted me sat at the door again. She's so tired that she was falling asleep in the car on the way to nursery at 8.30am.

So her routine is:

Wake: 5/6am (ideally should be 6.30/7)
Nap:12.30 - 2.30 (sometimes 1-3 if she wasn't up early)
BT: in bed for 7pm most nights (sometimes 6.30 if she was up early) often doesn't sleep till 7.30 but recently has been later.

I'm sure some people might think 6am isn't too early but my biggest problem is her waking crying instantly! Its horrible to wake to that, a shock for us all and I can't usually calm her down unless we head downstairs.

What do you think I could change/ do to help this situation?

I've been debating on trying to change her room around/ buy her a different night light or taking one side of her cot down (really resisting changing the cot though because I don't think she will stay in her bed).

TIA xx

Offline Han12345

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 15:43:04 pm »
Mornings have got better again thankfully.

Just need to work on the bed time resistance and waking crying allllll the time.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 25 month old - EW again!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 20:18:53 pm »
How are things going now?  Sorry your post ended up getting missed, we had some forum weirdness and people were struggling with logging on!