Author Topic: 4month old - 5am feeding and refusing 7am morning feed  (Read 2111 times)

Offline dinakab

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4month old - 5am feeding and refusing 7am morning feed
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:04:58 pm »
So my LO is on a 4 hours EASY and wakes currently at 3am but I give her the pacifier and she continues to sleep until 5/5.30 where she will wake up and take her paci but drop it every five mins until she starts crying for food. I always give in and give her a bottle which she downs straight away but now my problem is when she wakes up at 7am (her regular feeding time) she refuses to eat (obv she is still full from the 5am bottle). I wait an hour and offer it again to her but she will simply refuse it.

My question is, how can I get her to stop this 5am feeding so she can eat at her regular waking hour. Thought of maybe extending her 5am feed 15 mins everyday until maybe we get closer to the 7am mark. Has anyone ever had success with this? Any tips on what I should do? Just stick to the 5am feed or try something else?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 4month old - 5am feeding and refusing 7am morning feed
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 16:57:44 pm »
How old is she?

To be honest I would feed at the 3am waking and you would probably find she wouldn't need a bottle until 7am then. When is her last bottle? If you are doing a dreamfeed at 10/11pm then it's reasonable to feed again at 3 am.

Laura

Offline dinakab

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 18:06:23 pm »
She's four months old and yes we do a dreamed at 11pm.
You think it would be smarter to do a feed at 3pm?

Offline Lolly

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 21:57:18 pm »
She's four months old and yes we do a dreamed at 11pm.
You think it would be smarter to do a feed at 3pm?

If she's waking around then I would just feed and get back to sleep. At 4 months it's very normal to have that feed and it's 4 hours after the last feed. What you should find if she takes a full feed is that she makes it through to 7 am or you can hold her off with the dummy until 4 hours after that feed.

Try it and see. She's very young to not be having a middle of the night feed.

Laura

Offline dinakab

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 06:15:20 am »
So tried it out last night...she woke up at 4 and i fed her. She then slept till 5.30 cried for the paci once then slept through to 7am which is fantastic! Only issue is that she still won't take that 7am bottle. We offered it again to her at 8am but she refused still. Her next feed is 11am. Is this ok? She's been doing this for the past  few days...skipping that 7am morning bottle.

Offline Lolly

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 22:38:08 pm »
It could be a phase. How are her other feeds? The only other thing to try is a smaller bottle for that night feed, try an oz or 2 less.

Laura

Offline dinakab

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 03:53:39 am »
Her other feeds are ok, it's just that 7am one. I think she is too full from the NF to take in anymore and that the NF now is basically replacing her morning feed  :(

Will try giving her half a bottle tonight then another half at 7am and see how that works. Fingers crossed!