Author Topic: 7.5 month old : dropping DF , NW increasing  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Fireflysummer

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7.5 month old : dropping DF , NW increasing
« on: December 22, 2017, 12:52:40 pm »
Hi,

We started dropping DF around 7 months despite the fact our LO started waking at night around 6 month mark after STTN for the month before. She has been showing signs of teething and hers naps were all over the place so overtiredness or undertiredness could have also been the issue.

However now everything seems to have calmed down and straightened away but she is now waking two times at night. Currently we are at offering DF at 8:45.

I started her on solids at 5.5 months since she is in the 80 percentile and figured she might wake during night at 6 months. We give her Restorakax for constipation because she struggled with that at the beginning.

I have been giving her an extra bf during the day to add more calories during the day while dripping DF.  I give her 3 meals a day trying to incorporate protein or high fat foods into each meal. She loves cereal but I try to offer other things at L and D.

When she wakes at night we have done PUPD and she will soothe herself probably 3 mins after starting but then she lies awake for half an hour starts crying again. Then we do PUPD, she resettles, then cries again a half hour later and I feed her very short session. She often doesn't seem hungry, but who knows.

My question is should I be dropping DF if she having NWs?

Routine:
7:20 W
7:30 E breastfeed
8:30 E cereal, fruit, egg
10:30 S

12:00 W
12:10 E BF
1:10 E avocado, etc
3:00 S

4:30 W.
4:40 E BF
5:40 E yogurt, almond butter, veggie
7:30 S

8:45 DF 70mls

11:00 W fed her

3:00am W PuPd then fed her

Thanks for your help!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 7.5 month old : dropping DF , NW increasing
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 19:01:08 pm »
Hello - sorry your post has been missed, I shall bump it now for you x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 7.5 month old : dropping DF , NW increasing
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:22:21 am »
Hi there
sorry you didn't get support here while I was away (ill health). I did try to post yesterday but there was a problem with the system - seems fixed now.

How are things now?  Are you still having issues or has this resolved?

One thing I noticed in your EASY was no BT milk feed but perhaps you just forgot to type that in?
I'm not sure where the extra BF during the day is - I would expect to see 4 proper milk feeds at this age plus 2 or 3 solids meals so try to aim for that.
Also it could just be a bit early to drop the DF.  I think Tracy suggests around 8 months and obviously babies are all different.