Author Topic: Sshh Pat - When can I start?  (Read 1396 times)

Offline ReubenMum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 04, 2018, 06:01:54 am »
I am a BW convert. Used it with my 2 older kids. DD took EASY like a glove, independent sleeper and STTN in 10 weeks. It was not the same with DS1 - who took EASY, independent sleeper but woke up several nights a night until he turned 7 months.

Now I have a 2 week new born DS2. He seems to have lost his independence to fall asleep and needs to be rocked for every nap and nights. When can we start Sshh patting and teaching him the skill of independent sleep? I remember starting at 4 weeks. I would love to hear from the forum. Thanks

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Sshh Pat - When can I start?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 18:56:07 pm »
I wou have thought that you could shh pat him at any age as he will find it relaxing and it will help is get used to it now. At 2 weeks he is way too young to do any sleep training so lots of cuddles whilst shhing and patting him!

Offline ReubenMum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 06:47:06 am »
Just an update - DS2 turned 5 weeks today and I started yesterday with patting in the crib, no shushing was needed with dummy in his month. I stuck through the full 10-15 mins for the first sessions.

Today for all his naps, he went down independently after the 4s. I personally feel that sleep training after a month really works as DS2 seems to have progressed in maturity and seems to understand what we are saying. The wind down was important and reading the cue when your Lo is tired, ie the sleep window.

It is early days but having adopted BW techiques with my 2 much older kids, I am a believer that it works. Keep the faith!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Sshh Pat - When can I start?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 09:14:07 am »
Great update thanks for sharing  :)