Author Topic: 25 month old - Night wakings and pacifier dependent.  (Read 1086 times)

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
25 month old - Night wakings and pacifier dependent.
« on: January 18, 2018, 03:30:42 am »
25mo DD used to only use the paci in bed, has become more and more dependent in the last few months. Now she keeps losing the paci in bed and cries, I need to replace it and give her milk/cuddles to get her to go back to sleep. I snipped the ends of the pacifiers so they lost all suction. I think that definitely helped with the daytime obsession. Will most likely snip them “more” to encourage her to reject it. Hopefully. 

Anyone have any advice to improve things more? I like to do things gradually and not too traumatic. Last night I had to go to her 3 or 4 times and I’m very tired!

TIA!!!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 25 month old - Night wakings and pacifier dependent.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 09:09:40 am »
Hello, sorry your post has been missed, we never used a paci so I cannot hep I am afraid.

I shall bump your post now for you x

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 19:05:33 pm »
Sorry no experience either.  I hear some people post them to the paci fairy though.  Maybe you could look that up?

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 21:16:23 pm »
My DD is 25 months and also uses a paci for bed.  I’m certain she’s not ready to give it up (nor am I quite yet lol), but I am wondering if you are still planning on using it for sleep, do you leave a few with her?  My DD usually has a few in her crib so if she wakes she just has to feel around a bit to find one and replug herself.  We got rid of DSs around 2.5, it had a hole in it so we suggested he threw it out, which he did himself.  A few nights of disruption and that was basically it.