Author Topic: Registration and posting issues  (Read 4419 times)

Tabyria1

Registration and posting issues
« on: January 24, 2018, 13:21:14 pm »

"Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help, I've now managed to register but can't access any thread anymore as the website now says I'm banned!
I reported my own comment the other day to add info without spamming the forum with the creation of a new thread. This might have creates the problem? Apologies if that's the case. I hope I'll soon be able to read the threads again and post.

Thanks"

Tabyria

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Registration and posting issues
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 21:41:14 pm »
Hi there
I just saw your post and may be able to help with a little info.
There was a problem recently (23rd I think) when a large number of members were banned due to a spamming problem, new guests were also banned temporarily.  I got the "you are banned" message too and I've been a mod for years so I knew it must be a glitch/problem rather than a real ban.  It was resolved by the following day.  Perhaps this was what also happened to you but because you have been trying to register etc it looked like it was aimed at you when it was really a bad coincidence.
The mods and admin try to stay on top of spam posts to keep the boards nice and clear, it was a huge amount of spam in a short space of time which lead to the temporary ban of members and guests.

I hope you are now able to log in with your registration - give it a go if you haven't tried again in the last couple of days.
I will also alert admin to this post.
We like having newbies and you are very welcome to the forum to chat about parenting stuff :)
Hope you get sorted soon.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Registration and posting issues
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 22:41:22 pm »
Hi,  what username did you use?  I did a quick search for Tabyria but there are no profiles with that name. 
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy