Author Topic: 15 month old chronic NWs  (Read 1857 times)

Offline aelight

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 26, 2018, 18:42:51 pm »
I used BW for DD1 (who is 5.5 and sleeps like a dream now), and I have consulted it with DD2 but have certainly not been as strict about it. DD2 still doesn't go down completely independently, though we are working on it. But before I fully commit to that, I want to make sure her schedule seems reasonable? I'd say she's average in terms of sleep needs.

WU 6
S 12/12:30
A 2:30/3
S 7:30
NW 11:30, 12:45, 3:30-5:15 (last night!)
WU 7:10

Is she napping too long? If I put her to bed earlier, she seems to WU earlier (though doesn't have the LONG NWs as often). Some nights she gets up even more (on the hour starting around 11-3). I give her Tylenol or Ibuprofen before bed because she is definitely teething, but waking up this much at 15.5 months? I'm obviously exhausted. She will cry and cry if I don't go to her. I often bring her to bed at the 3/3:30am wake up because I just can't deal anymore.

Any thoughts?
TIA! :(

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 15 month old chronic NWs
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 18:15:44 pm »
Hello - sorry your post got missed - have the last few nights been the same?

I would say that your routine looks pretty good. She presumably hasn't been on one nap that long so I think a good 2.5 hour ish lunch nap is a good time - esp if she is NW as this will help her not get OT.

Sadly sometimes these munchkins just do not want to sleep at night! It could well be teeth moving around or she may be learning a new skill at the moment?

Offline aelight

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 19:18:52 pm »
Thanks, Buntybear :)

Yeah, it's mostly been on and off the same. She just got two bottom molars, so I'm assuming the same is happening up top now! Meds never seem to help her that much, though.

She's actually been on one nap since 12 months...do you think that means I need to start capping? I know I capped my older one early on, but I can't remember when, of course. Last night she was in bed by 7:30 and was already up at 10:30 :(. And then 1:15...and had a hard time going back to sleep.

I know she'll sleep someday! Sigh. Thank you!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 09:35:09 am »
How long is her nap normally? 2 hours? Anything over you could cap and see how it goes?

Offline aelight

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 19:59:45 pm »
It's 2-2.5 hours. I capped it a couple times last week, and she woke up at the 45 min mark at bt :(. But I think I probably need to do it consistently for a while. She was up at 5:45 this morning after a 2.5 hour nap yesterday (with fewer NWs, though). We are going away on Thursday, so I will probably wait until we return to do that, since vacation will surely mess with her, anyway!! Thanks!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 09:13:14 am »
She was up at 5:45 this morning after a 2.5 hour nap yesterday (with fewer NWs, though).
Hi there. Has this happened before where she has a shorter night but with sounder sleep after having a longer nap?
I'm just wondering if she actually needs a slightly shorter A time before BT so that there is not OT from the afternoon.
You could try an earlier BT and see if that helps.  Of course you are not likely to want the earlier WU though, so if it was a case of shorter but sounder night you'd have to shift the whole day on by say 30 mins or so, later nap and later BT for later WU.

Offline evwright

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:06:01 am »
I noticed you say she doesn't go to sleep fully independently. When we fully sleep trained and ds started going to sleep independently he also started sleeping through x

Offline aelight

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 18:22:34 pm »
She was up at 5:45 this morning after a 2.5 hour nap yesterday (with fewer NWs, though).
Hi there. Has this happened before where she has a shorter night but with sounder sleep after having a longer nap?
I'm just wondering if she actually needs a slightly shorter A time before BT so that there is not OT from the afternoon.
You could try an earlier BT and see if that helps.  Of course you are not likely to want the earlier WU though, so if it was a case of shorter but sounder night you'd have to shift the whole day on by say 30 mins or so, later nap and later BT for later WU.

Yes, this happens fairly often! I will try that today, as her nap was closer to 1pm than usual, anyway. I don't love the 5:45am wake up, but it's a toss up for what's worse: that or up all the time at night! And shifting her later altogether is actually something I can do while we're away this week! Thank you!

Offline aelight

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 18:29:27 pm »
I noticed you say she doesn't go to sleep fully independently. When we fully sleep trained and ds started going to sleep independently he also started sleeping through x

I think this is the REAL root of the problem. Second child problems! I will do this as soon as we return from vacation!! Thank you!