Author Topic: 7 Week old eats every 2-3hrs even AT NIGHT  (Read 4544 times)

Offline mrsgbailey

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I'll donate to BabyWhispererForums
7 Week old eats every 2-3hrs even AT NIGHT
« on: February 05, 2018, 04:51:43 am »
Hello everyone, I have a 7 week old Angel/Textbook baby that still east every 2-3hrs at night. When he was about 4 weeks he did give us a 4hr stretch from 10pm-2am but now he wakes every 2 hrs and doesn't have a long stretch during the day or night. When should I consider giving him a pacifier like the book suggests? He's gaining well, about 1lb per week. He's about 13lbs now, was 7lbs at birth and the has enough wet and dirty diapers.

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: 7 Week old eats every 2-3hrs even AT NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 09:11:56 am »
Hi, I also have a 7 week old and she is the same. For the last few nights she had a 5 hour stretch for the first sleep after bed time and than woke up every 2-3h. Last night was all over, I didnt even looked at the clock. It's
tiring, isnt it, but I think at this age it's normal.

What are his days like? How much A time does het? Is he napping well?

Offline mrsgbailey

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I'll donate to BabyWhispererForums
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 07:53:08 am »
Oh thanks so much for your response. His days are pretty decent. We're home most of the days as well. When I do go out with him I make sure at least 2 good naps happen at home and that he's given the time to eat as long as he can to full up. Wake time is at 7:30am and he naps for basically 1-1.5hrs at a time. He wasn't napping better before but doing much better now. Funny enough, at 4 weeks when I thought he was more snacking and not taking full feeds he did the 4hr stretch but now when he's having full feeds he's eating every 2-3hrs. Interesting.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 20:01:51 pm »
It's perfectly normal for an EBF baby to feed 2-3hrly around the clock at such a young age. As long as there are signs of good milk transfer, like the nappies and weight gain you mention, then i wouldn't worry.  She'll go longer by herself soon enough. She's still establishing your supply.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011