Author Topic: 11 weeks old some short naps early waking- I can't figure out the correct bt  (Read 2011 times)

Offline foreignmom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My baby is 11 weeks old. I'm trying to follow Easy since one month old. Usually only one or rarely two of the naps are 1.5 hour with resettlement after 30 min. the others are 30 or 45 min. So its hard to follow 3 hours routine. A time is 1.20 -1.30 min. shorter than this I get a 45 min nap . After last catnap bt is 1.5 hours too.ıts 7pm. But he wakes soon after sleeping at bedtime like two times. We shh pat sometimes I have to nurse than he sleeps. It becomes after 2-2.5 hour A after catnap. It gets 8 pm.he wakes to nurse twice at night. I feed him he sleeps but most of the times he wakes up at 5 am. wont go back to sleep.Is the bed time wrong? Please help me.

Offline foreignmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
His Easy chaneges everyday but on a good day:
Wu: 6.30 am.
E: 6.45 am.
A. until 8
S: 8 am.
E 8.45
A until 10.15
S 10.15- 12
E 12.15
A until 1.30 pm
S 1.30- 3 pm
E 3.15
A until 4.30
S 4.30- 5.15
Cluster feed and activity
Bt 7 at most
Wakes up twice shortly after bt resette by shh pat and white noise
NF 1am
NF 4.30 am
Early waking from then on and we try to resettle

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Ok, so this might come as a bit of a shock, but I think he's telling you he needs more A time. Here is why:

When you do 1.5hr A times off short (UT) naps, he takes longer naps until his third nap is 1.5hr. I'd suggest giving 1:40 A times a shot for a few days.

S 4.30- 5.15Cluster feed and activityBt 7 at most Wakes up twice shortly after bt resette by shh pat and white noise
He's probably a bit OT at this point (longest A time of the day after a short nap), hence the waking a couple of times after BT. A few more good naps with the longer A times should help with this.

The trouble settling after the 4:30am feed could be either a need for more A time or gas or a bit of both. At that hour, your supply is highest and even if he copes well with the flow of your milk at other feeds, he may be gulping in air at that time of the night and so it is important to burp him really well.

Offline foreignmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
Thank you so much. I will try to do more A times but first A is hardest because he cant even stand 1.5 hours he falls asleep by himself after one hour. Bracuse he' s tired from early waking. How can I lenghten first A?
What about the bt? Should I change it?

Offline becj86

Wu: 6.30 am.E: 6.45 am.A. until 8 S: 8 am.E 8.45
Sorry, I was going off this where you said he sleeps 45min after 1.5hr A time.

The BT should just be no greater than 1.5hr after he wakes from his last nap. So long as its reasonably consistent (for example, between 7 and 7:30), that's fine.

Offline foreignmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
Hi, things didn't improve with increase in A times. He got crankier.Im going to post his easy.

Offline foreignmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
Wake up an E : 7
A 7.15
S 8.45- 10.15
E 10.15
A.10.30
S 12- 12.45
E 12.45
A1 pm
S 2.30- 3.15 pm
E 3.15
A 3.30
S 5- 5.45
E 5.45
A 6 pm
Bt 7 .30
Nw 8
Nw 8.30
Nw 11 nursed for 15 min.
Nw 3 am nursed for 15 min
Wake up 6
Any ideas for today? Because as he woke up 1hour earlier today its harder to make it until bt.
Thanks in advance.

Offline becj86

Is this the first day of increased A times? You did get the long nap first up, so maybe that one's right and the others need a bit of a tweak but give it a couple of days if its not been 3-4 days already.

Are you trying to resettle any of these short naps?

Offline foreignmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
For the past three days more or less. Today so far first nap was short second long third again short so far. I always resettle after 30 min. He never self soothes for the second cycle although he falls asleep almost independently.               ( swadlle + white noise ).
He is very cranky at A times. I'm having very hard times. :(

Offline becj86

Is he having 30min wakings at all naps? Was he doing that also at 1:30 A time? Has he ever napped a solid 1:30 nap?

Offline foreignmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
Whatever the A time is he wakes up at either 30 or 45. min.
if 30 ı can usually resettle, if 45 I usually cant resettle. He slept three times for two months 1.5 hours by himself without resettle. We are also having night wakings shall I Write in other boards as I need urgent help?
Thanks in advance.

Offline becj86

It helps if you say exactly what is happening. General statements aren't helpful in understanding the pattern and working out what might help, you see.

Wake up an E : 7A 7.15S 8.45- 10.15
When you write this on your EASY, I think "Great, he did a 1.5hr nap on his own after 1:45 A time first thing in the morning"
Other information I need if you need help in this part of the day are things like:
Did he feed well (if a bottle, how much did he take)?
At what point in the A time did he get cranky? What did you try to help him settle, did anything work?
Did he sleep 8:45-10:15 on his own? Did you resettle at 9:15 or 9:30? Did it take you 5 mins or 20mins to resettle?

If you resettle after 30mins, does he then take a nap of 1.5hr total?

Based on what you've written, your NWs are absolutely normal for a child of this age. The few shortly after BT may be from OT and could maybe be helped by getting your day a little more on point but really, things are pretty reasonable given you baby is 2.5 months old. Its usually best to keep all advice in one thread so you're not getting confused but I'm happy to ask someone else to come and have a look at your post if you'd like another set of eyes :)