Author Topic: Nearly 19 months - EW  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Hayleys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 16, 2018, 06:28:01 am »
Hi

My DD2 will be turning 19 months next week.  This is the routine we have been following since she was 14/15 months, although I think she could have been on this earlier.

WU 6-6:30
Nap 12:30
BT 7pm (usually asleep at 7:30)

Her nap length has varied greatly during this time. At first she would sleep for about an hour and a half but need resettling at some point during her nap but hardly ever for longer than this. Then for a while she was doing roughly an hour and a half on her own. Now for a good month or so she tends to nap for just and hour or an hour and 15 mins. Occasionally we have had 45 min naps.

Although her naps are short she tends to manage in this, I think her sleep needs are on the low side. I'm aware of the 18 month sleep regression and she also is teething canines at the moment so I've left things as they are just to see if we can ride through it. However, for the last 4/5 days we have consistently been having early wakes at around 5 am. Her sleep needs are quite low and I'm wondering if it's time to think about pushing her nap until later and if so by how much? Due to the school run I'd prefer her not to wake any later than 2:30 pm. Also she seems to like to have a long A time before bed so I don't want the nap to affect this either.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Nearly 19 months - EW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 14:21:05 pm »
Hi
I’d prob push nap to 12.45/1 and be up by 2.30 if she’s lower end of sleep needs then that should be plenty of day sleep and I’d push BT by 15 mins.
Zoe

Offline Hayleys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 09:26:24 am »
Hi

Thank you for your advice. I'll start pushing the nap. Should I hold at 12:45 for 3 days and then move to 1 pm or do you think it would be OK to make the leap straight to 1 pm. I think I'd be able to keep her going until 1 pm, but wasn't sure if it's too much?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 09:55:00 am »
I just generally go for it with mine or do a bit of quiet story time to extend time etc x
Zoe

Offline Hayleys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 12:57:16 pm »
Thanks again! I'll give this a go! X

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 14:20:03 pm »
Keep us posted x
Zoe

Offline Keeblea

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 03:34:59 am »
Did this work?  Im struggling with the same... HELP!

Offline Hayleys

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 18:48:55 pm »
Hi!
Yes, I'm pleased to say this did work! I stuck to the same routine every day with a 1 pm nap. It did take a few weeks until we saw the progress so was not quickly fixed in a few days.

We now at 22 months have lots of BT resistance so I'll probably be posting about that very soon as I think we need another routine tweak!

X