Author Topic: Night wakings increasing - what should i do?  (Read 1851 times)

Offline cocosmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Night wakings increasing - what should i do?
« on: February 17, 2018, 10:46:38 am »
My DD2 is 16 weeks old.  She has been on EASY since bringing her home from hospital.  I have just moved her onto a 4 hour routine after transitioning from 3.5 hour routine as she seemed to need the extra awake time.  For a few weeks now she has been waking at night between 11pm and 1am.  She is fed at 6.30pm and goes down for the night at 7pm.  When she wakes she mostly only fussy cries for around 5 minutes and then goes back to sleep.  She dropped down to 1 night feed about 3 weeks ago which she wakes for between about 3 and 4am and then goes back to sleep until 7am.  In the last week however, she has also started waking after the first night waking, usually about 2 hours after the first night waking.  I don't feed her as she has been making it to later for a feed and again she usually fussy cries for a few minutes before going back to sleep.  I am aware that this could be in part down to the 4 month sleep regression possibly, but the first night waking has been happening for a lot longer.  Her current day goes like this:

7am - wake and feed
9 - 11am - nap
11am - feed
1 - 2.30 - nap
3pm - feed
4.45pm - 5.30 - cat nap
6.30 feed
7pm bed

She can wake during naps, usually at the 30 or 40 minute mark but again she usually settles herself within 5 minutes.

I don't really know what to do about her night wakings and whether I should just be patient, will she just grow out of them?

Thanks

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Night wakings increasing - what should i do?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 00:31:56 am »
We all wake up through the night, its a normal part of sleep. We just don't notice it much ourselves any more (you know those times you are awake enough to know you need to roll over) and as she learns to go back to sleep faster, she'll do it with less cries. She's already doing really well, actually, to not be needing your assistance at 4mo. If she's only awake 5mins and she's not distressed and needing you, I'd be leaving her to it.