Author Topic: Overtired at bedtime 4 weeks old  (Read 4825 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Overtired at bedtime 4 weeks old
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 09:53:45 am »
Sounds good.  It does sound like the bath at BT might be a bit too much for her if she has gone down so much easier without it.

Offline Carly11

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 22:25:24 pm »
Ok I have a different issue now ha - morning nap the past week has been short. I’ve tried a longer awake time now that she’s 5 weeks old but can only seem to get an hourish- I go in and cuddle her to sleep for the rest of it if I can and then feed her as normal at 10. I think it may be due to her being unsettled from 3am every morning with gas and having a restless sleep maybe?

Offline creations

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 10:22:04 am »
Yes maybe.  For her age though an hour on her own is still good, you might be able to extend it without picking up if you begin shush/pat before she wakes and sooth her back into sleep but of course if she fully wakes she'll need picking up to sooth.
Is she hungry at 3am - are you feeding at that time?

Offline Carly11

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 14:02:57 pm »
Yeah feeding around 10/11pm 1/2am and then it seems she’s just fussy after then and keeps us awake - I feed her but I don’t know if I’m adding to her tummy troubles by doing so.

Offline creations

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 18:50:52 pm »
Is any light getting into LO's bedroom? this can sometimes be the cause of restlessness or waking too early.

Offline Carly11

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 10:29:31 am »
She is in with us and our room is fairly dark and we have white noise. Last night was actually really good apart from a poo at 2am and then thus morning 1.5 morning nap after dropping sister off preschool but then rest of day not great and she was wide awake for TWO hour during/after pickup sister ha. Spent two hours settling her for bed time and just got into bed myself ready for a bad night  :(

Offline Carly11

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 22:16:33 pm »
Another question- morning nap still not great as night sleep still fairly restless but not too bad. But the second nap of the day always seems to go great she has 2 hours, I usually then wake her up at 1pm for feed. Question is would you just let her sleep until she wakes for that nap to make up for the morning one? What is the longest nap that is ‘allowed’ that won’t affect night sleep?

X

Offline creations

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 09:13:42 am »
I'd probably let her sleep longer and see when she wakes naturally.  If it got to 3hrs I'd wake as she needs a feed and by that time it is probably around 4hrs since the previous feed but I think it's unlikely she'd sleep as long as 3hrs.
As she is so young I do think it is expected that some naps go better than others. You can keep working towards a consistent routine but you are doing brilliantly.  Getting 1.5 and 2hr naps is wonderful!

I doubt night sleep would be effected by a longer nap at this age (some can get day/night mixed up but this is not the case here).  More likely she would have a long nap and then manage a longer A time - sounds like this could be on the cards if pick up disturbs her nap either because you have to wake her or can't get her home in time or she just wants to be awake to see her big sister :)