Author Topic: Napping in dark  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Pearla

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 02, 2018, 15:23:44 pm »
Quick one ladies,

Lo is 8 weeks.   Im wondering about having him nap in his room in the dark?  Will this lead to dependence on only being able to sleep this way. Or can it lead to day and night confusion.   We are not having great naps anyway but want to start as I mean to go on?

What does everyone else do?  Currently dark room and white noise.  Is he too young?

Thanks.

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Napping in dark
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 17:47:41 pm »
I would absolutely have him in a dark room - it sets the mood for sleep.  I know me personally I could not nap in a bright room so I don't expect my LOs to be able to do it either ;)

Offline eva026

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
Re: Napping in dark
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 19:03:23 pm »
I did that for dd1, blackout blinds for night sleep and naps. It was a bit  of a mission for traveling, as we always had to take portable blackout blinds. She has grown out of it now though. She sleeps ok in the dark and with ordinary blinds too.
DD2 needs blackouts for night sleep, or else she’s up at the crack of dawn. Naps ok with ordinary blinds though. Every kid is different, you need to experiment and see what works.

Offline Pearla

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 20:51:20 pm »
Thanks ladies,  always nice to have reassurance.   Have been doing naps to date in lounge in daylight.   Works fine once lo in deep sleep and isn't woken then by noise, but makes the transitions difficult I think.