Author Topic: No nap past two days  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:42:42 am »
My almost 20 month old who usually naps for 2 hours hasn’t napped in two days! His brother has been home due to a snow storm and we haven’t been able to go out and be active like we normally do. Could this be why? He’s too young to drop his nap right ?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: No nap past two days
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:18:59 pm »
I knew people whose toddlers stopped napping altogether at 24 months so at 20 months they might have been napping 2hrs but they might also have had shorter naps or a mix of naps and no-nap days. Certainly though it is young.

I wouldn't change anything in your routine and I would just put this down to it being the snowy days and his big brother being at home.
He may or may not take a catch up sleep when things go back to normal.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 13:21:50 pm »
I sure hope he’s not giving them up! My older one gave up his nap by 2-2.5 and it was awful! Although he was never a good napped like this one. He did a 7-7 day for a long time which was nice but I would’ve rather the nap lol. Fingers crossed for today

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 17:43:01 pm »
Day 3 he’s still awake in crib messing around awake. His brother went to school today so that can’t be the issue. I’m freaking out! Can he really all of a sudden go from a 2 hr nap every day to no naps ?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 19:31:42 pm »
He did finally pass out at 1 after 30 mins of messing around and slept until 230 so 1.5 hours. Maybe he’s needing a later nap? Although I tried the two days ago and he still didn’t nap.

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 01:07:54 am »
What time are you attempting nap? My DD is up at 6/6:30 usually and we don’t attempt before 1pm. 

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 01:45:22 am »
He’s up around 630 and always did nap around 1230. Maybe he needs it later ? I did try a later nap yesterday and he didn’t nap at all! We are limited on our flexibility time wth nap due to school pick up. So I was trying to keep it as early as I could.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 09:21:38 am »
I would stick with your usual routine for a week before altering anything. He had enough reason to be excited and skip his nap for a couple of days with the snow etc and may need several days to get back on track.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 12:11:32 pm »
He napped yesterday! Only about 1.5 but he did! Any today is daylight savings ugh. We will be out today and not home for a nap so he’ll have to snooze in the car which will be a cn I’m sure but might be better so he will be tired at bedtime since we lost an hour.