Author Topic: 3 month old won't take bottle in the morning.  (Read 5619 times)

Offline Anna87

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 month old won't take bottle in the morning.
« on: March 10, 2018, 04:32:56 am »
Hi all,
My lo is 3 months old and we just started easy.  The problem is,  he won't take the bottle in the morning.  I mean he got his bottle at 6.30-7pm then DF 10-10.30pm, he wakes up around 2 for night feed and then he will wake up around 5.30-6, he will take 1-2oz only.  Besides his naps are only 45min long so during the day it's impossible to do A after E because he's so tired.  I will also say he lasts 1.30-2h between naps.  Any suggestions how to make Easy work for us?

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: 3 month old won't take bottle in the morning.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 09:57:08 am »
Hi, I have a almost 3 month old and she feeds the same during the night except she doesnt have a df and she is breastfed.

How much is he taking on the other feeds? Does he falls asleep after the 5am feed? When is his next feed, is he hungry than?

His A time is too long hence the 45 minute naps. I put her in her crib after an hour and 10-15 minutes, she naps 1,5h.  If I miss her cues she needs help falling asleep ( I hold her while she dozes off) and her naps are 30-45 minutes. If he is up 1,5-2h with a 45 minute nap you still get close to 3h time between feeds so I'd say you are ok there. Still, you should aim for shorter A times and longer naps.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:14:17 am by dache »

Offline Anna87

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 3 month old won't take bottle in the morning.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 10:49:45 am »
He takes between 120-170on other feeds so he's good that way.  When he wakes up at 5 he won't go back to sleep.  I'll try W2S and see if I can get him to sleep a little bit longer.  He also sleep very active I mean he moves around crib,  even tho hes asleep.  I just start to think he's some kind of super active baby :D if I'll cut he's A time and put him to his crib he will roar the house down as he doesn't want to sleep.  I put him down when I see his first yawn and I don't wait for more cues but he still will scream for a minute before he will fall asleep. I'm ftm so I probably doing something wrong here :)