Author Topic: Daylight savings  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: March 12, 2018, 11:27:23 am »
How I hate daylight savings lol. Trying to get my lo on track after losing an hour. Any tips ?
Yesterday he only took a short 30 min nap in car and went to bed at 745 on the clock which was really only 645 and he’s still asleep this morning at 730 am which really is 630. Going to wake him now but what should I expect or do for naptime?  If he normally naps at 1230 it will really only be like 1130 to him.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Daylight savings
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 17:35:53 pm »
I would just stick to the time the clock says and follow the usual routine. He may be a bit wonky for a couple days but he'll adjust to it. He may need a slightly earlier bedtime if he doesn't nap.

We never made any time adjustments really, just went with the time on the clock for naps and bedtimes.

Laura

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 22:54:11 pm »
At naptime though 1230 which really was 1130 he really wasn’t ready. And didn’t fall asleep until 1:15 which technically was his old nap time of 1215! Ugh

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 16:30:42 pm »
Still having some naptime shenanigans. Some days he’s taking a 2.5 hour and I have to wake him some days he’s taking a 45 min nap and won’t go down until much later. Still hoping it’s just the daylight savings and hoping it’s not beginning of giving up naps at 20 months yikes

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 17:41:17 pm »
Today it took him a while to fall asleep and slept for an hour but woke crying which he never does.