Author Topic: Nearly 2 year old night wakings.  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Reethepea

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: March 15, 2018, 19:45:34 pm »
Hi everyone, Dd2 will be 2 on 4th April. For the last 5 weeks her night sleep has been awful. We have had frequent 2 Hour night wakings. The start of this coincides with a perforated ear drum, then we went on holiday and she shared a room with us. Since the holiday in February half term she has slept through the night just 3 times.

She is teething her last canine and also could be starting her last molars. She has ibuprofen at bedtime and if she wakes in the night I use ambesol and paracetamol. She generally wakes screaming- I go in medicate etc, reposition and sshh, sshh sleepy time. Occasionally she has gone back to sleep pretty soon but more often than not she intermittently chats, screams and shouts for 2 plus hours. Her wakings usually occur between 2-3.30 am but have been as late as 4.30 am. If she wakes this early she rarely falls back asleep.

Her easy is wu- 6.30-7 am
Nap 12.45- 2pm
Bedtime 7pm

We reduced the nap by 15 minuets thinking it may help but I’m not sure. She’s happy till she has had her nap, then an absolute wingey, grump till bedtime. She now screams for 30 minuets before falling asleep.

Apart from sleep regressions and development leaps she has been a really good sleeper but now I’m tired, confused and not sure what to do next.
DD 1- Spirited- July 2012

DD 2- Angel/Touchy April 2016

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Nearly 2 year old night wakings.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 08:27:00 am »
Hi it could just be impeding birthday shenanigans!

I’d prob leave nap as it was and push BT 15 mins later if she’s grumpy when you wake her from naps x
Zoe

Offline Reethepea

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 12:15:30 pm »
Thank you. I will try that. Last night she fell asleep at 7.45 but slept through till 5.30.
DD 1- Spirited- July 2012

DD 2- Angel/Touchy April 2016

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Nearly 2 year old night wakings.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 13:12:51 pm »
Birthdays cause havoc and sometimes they can get to havingcreslly long days and shorter nights if they need that long nap x
Zoe