Author Topic: Pick up Put down for older baby  (Read 1499 times)

Offline lizlaureau

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I'll donate to BabyWhispererForums
« on: March 15, 2018, 03:28:39 am »
Hello!

I have successfully implanted Pick up Put down about 3 weeks ago for nights and for naps! So very thankful! Occasionally, there has been a nap or 2 in these past weeks that i have to do some PU/PD. However, I've now noticed that my baby (now 6 months) seems to get increasingly worked up when I even enter the room. I give her some time before I intervene, but she gets drastically more worked up. I really, really, really don't want to do CIO but I feel like recently PUPD is making it worse. I know the chosen method of sleep training is something you must be consistent with, so I feel like I need to have a game plan for upcoming hiccups in sleep (teething, travel, etc). Has anyone done a modified version of PUPD for the older, more aware baby (yes, I did read Tracy's part on the older baby and I'm specifically talking about modifying for temperament, which she doesn't go into much detail about)
Thank YOU!!!!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Pick up Put down for older baby
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 06:52:41 am »
On my phone at the moment so tricky to link but there's an FAQ on reasons PUPD may not be working/not be appropriate and one of the really common ones at this age is LO is not tired when you're putting them down for a nap and so they protest. How about posting your EAS so we can help tweak that. I'll try to remember to post the link later for you.