Author Topic: 10m early waking at 5AM every morning  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Littlelyly

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 30, 2018, 05:58:04 am »
Hi,
My LO is 10 month old now and in 1 month lately she always wake up at 5 or 5:30AM in the morning and refuses to go back to sleep. I tried to extend her wake time into 4hours (sometimes i cannot awake longer than 3hours and she felt asleep right after)  but she still sleep quite good by daytime.
For example her routine like this:

W: 5:00-5:15
S: 8:20
W: 10:00
S: 1:15
W: 3:00-3:30
S: 6:30PM -7:00PM (Bed time)

And the next day she still wake up too early. She has 1 tooth but i think its not affect her sleep much.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 10m early waking at 5AM every morning
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 09:10:44 am »
Hi there, sorry to see you didn't get a reply yet.

It looks like your LO is starting the beginnings of the 2-1 nap drop. This doesn't mean she needs to drop to one nap right now, it can be several months away but many LO show signs at this age. Here is a FAQ for you:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=163278.0

As your LO likes to have a short first A time I would probably suggest reducing the length of the first nap so instead of her sleeping for 1hr 30 or more you cap the nap (wake her) at 1hr 15 instead. You will also bring the second nap a little earlier, by 15 mins.  Stick with that for several days and see if it helps with the morning WU time.

Offline Littlelyly

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 09:33:31 am »
Thank you so much for your reply, I feel so desperated lately. I will try from tomorow and hope it would get better :(

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 21:49:27 pm »
Looking at the total sleep she gets it’s pretty much spot on for age, so it’s definitely about re distribution of when it occurs.

It’s not abnormal for night sleep to be around 10 hours so as well as cutting back a bit on the day naps it could also be helpful to gradually shift  bedtime to 7/7.30pm. I learnt with my eldest to look at the total sleep they were getting and if he was happy and well rested ita was about redistribution of the times rather than how to get him to sleep longer.

Unfortunately though with my second child he was an early riser until he hit 12.5yo... he’s always been low sleep needs and 8pm to 5.30am or occasionally 6 am was his normal no matter how much we tried to tweak nap times, and our only solution was to adjust our lifestyle.

So my experience was some children are naturally early risers and nothing except puberty seems to change that and others can be tweaked... I hope your DD is the latter.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05