Author Topic: 6 weeks old short naps and fights always for the naps  (Read 17322 times)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
6 weeks old short naps and fights always for the naps
« on: March 23, 2018, 13:46:12 pm »
 Dear ladies
I have a boy he is six weeks old unfortunately his naps become thlrty five minutes it doesn't matter  he sleeps independently he wakes up between thlrty five minutes to forty five minutes. then he wakes up I tried to put him sleep again by slllst pat sometimes he can go  on sleeping but if he can't do this for 55 minutes I put him in my wrapped up swing ( should l put him in it or take hlm from the crib and start easy) and he goes on sleeping in addition to these he only sleeps more than 35 minutes in the Wrapped up swing.

His activity time is nearly 50 minutes if it is more he fights to me and can't sleep. But he always fighs to me for sleeping. This really makes me sad. He has a perfect nlght sleep :) he goes to bed between 8:30 - 9:00 ( we have a night rotine bath massage breastfeed and sleep ( he is differebt for night sleep he sucks his pacifier in his crib l waited if he throws it land can't sleep l give it back to him then he sleeps , sometimes he sleeps while breastfeeding and l put him his bed he goes on sleeping but sometimes he wakes up and l give pacifier and he sleeps. He gets up for feeding in the night between (2:30 - 3:30 ) then he gets up between 5:30 - 6:30 then sleeps. He do his pooh so l changed his diaper for two wakes up.

For this point, he wakes up between 8:00 - 8:30 l breastfeed in his room and put him jis crib he generally sleep for one hour sometimes he needs the pacifier. Is it okay or should l start the easy routine from this wakes up breastfeed activity sleep ?

This my secınd child the first one l taught him to sleep when he was 4 months old with the help of katie from this from :)

I am woried aboıt giving my little bad habits l need some help.

Our routine

8:30 at night sleep in his crib with paci.
2:30 nightfeed changed diaper night
3:10 sleep night
5:30 nightfeed changed diaper night
6:10 sleep in the mırning
8:30 wakes up changed diaper in his room breasfeed
9:10 sleep while breastfeeding but needs paci again
10:00 wakes up
10:40 breasfeed change diaper
10:50 go to room clıse the curtain say a lullaby in my arms swaddled siit pat on my chest then when his etes begin to close and open l put him in his bed and goes on siist pat one time l take him to my arms because he becomes so angry then he sleeps at 12:00
12:38 he wakes up ı siist pat till 1:15 then he sleeps and wakes up at 2:05
2:05 breastfeed
2:55 go to room for sleeping after his first yawning
4:00 not sleep and hiccup for 20 minutes after the hiccup finish l try to make him slerp in the crib but
I can't :(
4:05 l put him in the erappee up and he sleeps
5:10 he wakes up breastfeed change diaper
6:20 he sleeps in the pram l meed to take the first kid from the kindergarden
7:10 breastfeed
7:50 bath massage breastfeed
8:40 sleeps

I hope it is clear l hope some of you snswer my questions🙏🏼 ???
:)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 6 weeks old short naps and fights always for the naps
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 19:31:36 pm »
Hi ladies :)
I think this forum is a really treasure for me , l have been reading it continuesly. And after writting my topic here, something happened magically. I noticed that my little love doesn't like şiişt pat while he is quiet and today l did my routine then he becomes drowsy l put him his crib and give the pacifier hold his arm and legs gently. He sleeps in 15 minutes it is really magical for me. I have disturbed him by şiişt pat and l noticed again one of the thread it was written that when he needs " do şiişt pat" today is better then ever:)

He slept for his two naps in his bed in this style and one is 1.5 hour and the other one is 2:00 hours. But both of them l hold his arm in the 35 min. Till 50 minutes.the last two naps are one is in the oram the other is in wrapped-up sling.

For me it maked me feel better to writting here thanks to everybody for sharing their adventure :) about the activity time we finished 60 minutes then go to the room for the routine it seems it is okay.
I will keep writting :)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 02:36:42 am »
What a great update :) So glad he's able to go to sleep a bit more happily now. Those sound like awesome naps :)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 11:42:46 am »
Thanks for your answer:)
I will keep writting :)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 09:19:03 am »
Hi again my little man is generally good at suush pat with sleeping, but we can't go on sleeping after 35 minutes by suush pat or hold gently to his arm. According to my reading in the forum he is so tiny so l try to keep sleeping any help which l can give. But first l tried our first way suush pat and hold the arms, l tried it before the 35 min. But generally it doesn't work. I switch on the very gentle vibration in his crib l open it and give his pacifier and he go on, after 10 min it switch off automatically and sometimes he keeps sleeping sometimes not. If it doesn't work too l wrapped up him in sling.

As a conclusion, because of his age my first aim is not to make him overtired and try to pay attention to his first sleeping by suush pat .

Do these sound reasonable ?

Offline becj86

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 08:36:54 am »
I think people get too worried about OT, a little short-term OT is not the end of the world - its fixed with a longer nap and is usually easily resettled. I wish someone had told me that when DS was young. Chronic OT from never napping long enough for months on end because we're keeping A times too short so LO doesn't get OT for the next nap - that's a more tricky problem to solve.

Its absolutely reasonable to help him sleep longer if you can but don't spend an hour in a dark room trying to get an awake baby back to sleep. Its not good for either of you.

If he was sleeping longer naps and they've now shortened, its worth trying an extra 5mins of A time and seeing if that makes a difference. Babies at this age are a bit tricky in that some have 'woken up' from that sleepy newborn phase and some haven't, so A time can vary from 45mins to 1.5hr but by 13 weeks/3 months, its pretty consistent to be up for 1.5hr before a nap.

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 13:11:00 pm »
Thanks for your concern:)

I am relaxed now because of your writting (you found my way reasonable) , about A time it doesn't change anything he always wakes up 30s minutes . Because he can't go on the other circle of sleeping, l think but it is a process he will learn it. But until this time my way of making him sleep is okay for us.

One more question , should l do a dreamfeed l don't do it. He sleeps between 8:30 -9:30 at night. And he breasfeed at 03:00-04:00 at night then 7:00 breastfeed ( he generally do his toilet a lot so l changed his diaper and put him bed ) he wakes up at 08:00.

Offline becj86

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 21:11:28 pm »
He sleeps between 8:30 -9:30 at night. And he breasfeed at 03:00-04:00 at night then 7:00 breastfeed ( he generally do his toilet a lot so l changed his diaper and put him bed ) he wakes up at 08:00.
Sounds like a pretty good night without it to me. I didn't do the DF because I went to bed early in the night and would have to stay up or wake up to do it and it wasn't going to benefit me. If you are someone who goes to bed at 11:30/midnight (3-4hr after LO goes to sleep for the night), a DF is potentially worth it but if you're getting a night like that at the moment, I'd leave well enough alone and keep doing what you're doing.

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 19:07:16 pm »
Hi ,

I want to share our easy and I would like you to comment it (about activity time or something wrong ı do ?)

28 March
from the noon (l start writting from this time)
12:38 get up breastfeed
1:45 activity
2:00 suush pat
2:15 he goes to sleep very easy by himself in the crib I put him he is drowsy)
2:46 I hold him firmly and give his pacifier but doesn't work so l switch on the vibration of the bed with pacifier
3:05 he sleeps again
4:05 get up
5:00 breastfeed and activity
5:25 he sleeps in the wrapped up
6:40 l wake him up breastfeed
7:50 bath time
8:10 breastfeed
8:20 sleeps with pacifier (but he is really drowsy after feeding)
8:50 wake up l give pacifier and turn him other side he sleeps again
in the night time
02:20 wake up breastfeed-
03:00 sleep
05:20 wake up (ı changed his diaper he do his toilet a lot ) breastfeed
06:15 sleeps

29 of March

in the morning
8:20 wake up breastfeed activity
09:30 go to the room
09:40 sleep sushi pat then in the crib with pacifier very easily
10:02 I turn him other side ı read it in the book maybe he can go on slleping without waking up but 3 minutes later he wakesup :) l switch on the vibration and pacifier
10:13 sleeps again
11:10 wake up breastfeed activity
11:50 l take him to his room because he yawns a lot I do winddown short time ı think he is really tired but can't sllep in the crib and can't settle by suush pat
12:30 I put him in the wrapped up sling he sleeps
12:40 I put him in the crib with the sling I put pillows and towels around him he can't move
1:22 he wakes up I take him and rock him
1:45 sleep again (after 5 min he take out his one arm near him and go on sleeping so I wonder if he can sleep on his tummy and his arm out )
2:38 wakes up breastfeed activity
3:45 go to the room
4:05 l put him in the crib he is not drowsy I put him on his tummy and his arms are out I try to make him sleep for 15 min. but I can't
4:20 I put him in the wrapped up sling he sleeps
4:30 put him in the crib his hands are out but his body in the sling
5:03 he wakes up can't sleep I don't try
5:12 l take him breastfeed
5:45 I wrapped up sleep
6:50 I wake him up breastfeed
7:45 bath time breastfeed
8:15 l put him in the crip with pacifier but can't sleep and cry
8:40 l breastfeed again
8:50 I put him bed l give his pacifier he throw it for three times then sleeps and not wakes up again
in the night
................(it is 10:00 qclock now so ı don't know what is coming :)

According to the easy what isyour opinion about activity time I think I can't find it because when it is right time it is really easy for me to make him sleep.

He always wakes up 30s minutes no matter about the activity time or how he sleeps this means that it is developmental he will learn it in time and l can only help him to sleep more ?

In the book there some ways to make the babies go on sleeping by giving them their pacifier or turning them in the crib so they can start a new cycle of sleeping . But these are for the night I try them for naps but they don't work is it because they are naps or because my little man is too small? Or should I continue trying them or anything else?

I am really looking forward to having your answers :)

Thanks for your patience and concern :)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 19:25:12 pm »
One more question :)

My little man came to our world when he was 41 weeks 5 days he is a bit late according to his due date. Does this change anything about activity time or anything else he is 4.600 grams . I asked all the question in my brain . I am really happy you are there . This makes me feel relaxed.

Offline becj86

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 03:32:05 am »
12:38 get up breastfeed1:45 activity2:00 suush pat 2:15 he goes to sleep very easy by himself in the crib I put him he is drowsy)2:46 I hold him firmly and give his pacifier but doesn't work so l switch on the vibration of the bed with pacifier 3:05 he sleeps again4:05 get up
So here, he was probably a little overtired with 1:35 A time - that's a lot for a 7 week old baby, but he copes pretty well with it by the looks. Its good to persist in resettling him and you can see he finished off the nap well.

5:25 he sleeps in the wrapped up 6:40 l wake him up breastfeed
Here, his A time was 1:20 and he didn't wake at 30min from OT or at 40-45min from UT and we know he *can* sleep an extended nap on his own. I'd probably aim for ~1:20 A times for him and see how he goes in the coming days-weeks.

6:40 l wake him up breastfeed7:50 bath time8:10 breastfeed8:20 sleeps with pacifier (but he is really drowsy after feeding)8:50 wake up l give pacifier and turn him other side he sleeps againin the night time
Here again, 1:40 A time and a 30min OT waking which was easily resettled and then he slept really well during the night. Those couple of night wakings for feeds are perfectly normal.

8:20 wake up breastfeed activity 09:30 go to the room 09:40 sleep sushi pat then in the crib with pacifier very easily10:02 I turn him other side ı read it in the book maybe he can go on slleping without waking up but 3 minutes later he wakesup  l switch on the vibration and pacifier 10:13 sleeps again11:10 wake up breastfeed activity
He fell asleep easily here after 1:20 A time again and with the resettle, he's essentially had a full nap of 1.5hr. Not sure about the waking, could have been you rolling him.

11:10 wake up breastfeed activity11:50 l take him to his room because he yawns a lot I do winddown short time ı think he is really tired but can't sllep in the crib and can't settle by suush pat 12:30 I put him in the wrapped up sling he sleeps12:40 I put him in the crib with the sling I put pillows and towels around him he can't move 1:22 he wakes up I take him and rock him
Again, going off to sleep at 1:20 A time and perhaps a touch undertired or maybe something else woke him.

Overall, I think if you aim for 1:20 A time, that should suit him pretty well. Try to keep your wind down short (5 mins, not 20mins)and consistent - these are the cues you're giving him that its nap time.  He certainly wakes after 20-30mins reasonably often, but not always and I think you might see more long uninterrupted naps if you can be a bit more consistent with the A time and the shorter WD.

In the book there some ways to make the babies go on sleeping by giving them their pacifier or turning them in the crib so they can start a new cycle of sleeping . But these are for the night I try them for naps but they don't work is it because they are naps or because my little man is too small? Or should I continue trying them or anything else?
Essentially, you've done wake to sleep I think from your description. I would think hold through the jolts might be more useful for you at this stage (just sit by him at those moments he may wake and be ready to hold a hand on him or hold his arms and legs still so he doesn't wake himself.

My little man came to our world when he was 41 weeks 5 days he is a bit late according to his due date. Does this change anything about activity time or anything else he is 4.600 grams
Not really :)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 07:01:52 am »
I am really happy to have your answer while having the new day :) thanks so muchh. You wrote he  doesn't wake up at 30 min Always .But If he sleeps in his crib or the pram he always but if he is wrapped up sling and on my body he doesn't wake up even inthis position he can wake up too :)
 Hence, l would like to ask the same question again ,
He always wakes up 30s minutes no matter about the activity time or how he sleeps this means that it is developmental he will learn it in time and l can only help him to sleep more ? But in the process he will get this ability and by helping him for indepentdenly sleeping this process can be easier for both of us ?
Thanks for your quick answer :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 07:58:11 am by gozde »

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 18:15:08 pm »
Hi again:)
I would like to ask a question. To make him sleep for the night becoming more diffucult, l think because of me , for the naps we have winddown then suush pat then pacifier . But at night sleeping after bath time breastfeeding he really becomes drowsy l put him in his crib and give pacifier it is generally takes max. 20 min. He throws the pacifier and go on sleeping. For three days he can't sleep easily it takes 1 hour he sucks his pacifier and throw a olt of time but can't go on. Can he differentiate the night sleeping and nap sleeping style ? If so , maybe nowadays he   İs a bit tired for the night or something else. But if he is confused about sleeping style l should stick to the same style. What is your opinion ?

Offline becj86

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 06:39:51 am »
You wrote he  doesn't wake up at 30 min Always .But If he sleeps in his crib or the pram he always
I see he's not sleeping 1.5hr naps in the crib but he is sleeping longer than 20-30min naps, in there:

12:30 I put him in the wrapped up sling he sleeps12:40 I put him in the crib with the sling I put pillows and towels around him he can't move 1:22 he wakes up I take him and rock him
He's waking here after 50min sleep (40 min in the crib). I'm running on this being an UT nap.

4:20 I put him in the wrapped up sling he sleeps4:30 put him in the crib his hands are out but his body in the sling 5:03 he wakes up can't sleep I don't try
Here again, 40min sleep, 30min in the crib. Again, possibly an UT nap given the length.

He always wakes up 30s minutes no matter about the activity time or how he sleeps this means that it is developmental he will learn it in time and l can only help him to sleep more ? But in the process he will get this ability and by helping him for indepentdenly sleeping this process can be easier for both of us ?
In part, you are correct - he needs you to help him keep learning how to relax into sleep and how to transition from one sleep cycle to the next.

To make him sleep for the night becoming more diffucult, l think because of me , for the naps we have winddown then suush pat then pacifier . But at night sleeping after bath time breastfeeding he really becomes drowsy l put him in his crib and give pacifier it is generally takes max. 20 min. He throws the pacifier and go on sleeping. For three days he can't sleep easily it takes 1 hour he sucks his pacifier and throw a olt of time but can't go on. Can he differentiate the night sleeping and nap sleeping style ? If so , maybe nowadays he   İs a bit tired for the night or something else. But if he is confused about sleeping style l should stick to the same style. What is your opinion ?
My thought here is that yes, night is different from naps - babies get used to that eventually. I do think, though that your A time to bedtime is probably a touch too long and he's probably overtired for a couple of reasons:
1. You're waking him from his last nap, so it is short and he didn't wake on his own.
2. Following this short nap from which he has been woken, you're doing a relatively long A time (1:40 28/3/18 and 1:25 29/3/18) that is quite busy (2 x feeds + a bath) so it could also be overstimulating.

Would you try a bath in another A time just to see if that makes a difference for BT?

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 12:44:18 pm »
I will write but we have some health problems about the high level of alt/ast enyzm in liver .l am dealing with it. I hope we will have good news🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼