Author Topic: 6 weeks old short naps and fights always for the naps  (Read 17336 times)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 6 weeks old short naps and fights always for the naps
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2018, 07:45:04 am »
Thank you :)
One more question he is 11 weeks now and l make him sleep suus pat but l do it till he sleeps and it takes time sometimes 20 min or more to make him sleep. For example today he wake up 8:45 l start wd 9:40 and he sleeps 10:20 (but he wakes up 11:35 ??? How this is possible he has 1 hour 55 min activity nearly and he sleeps 1 hour 15 min this means he needs more activity than 1 hour 30 min ? What do you think ? And between 12weeks to 16 weeks hıw many min should he have activity tüme ? Howoften should l add time to activity ? I think l have a problem about finding suitable activity time too :(  )
so it takes too long to make him sleep so if he wakes up after 40 min should l try to sleep him again or feed him then go on ??
And another option he wakes up 30 min l try to sleep him again for 30 min but l can't l should count the activşty tüme from he wakes up ? And cut 15 min from normal activity tüme ?
when sould l reduce suush pat it it early for his age or not ? Howlong later should l reduce suush pat after he learns to sleep in this method? I am not so strict about it but now l only use it.
And l will stop using sling for make him sleep for the second sleeping he becomes 3 months ? Is it okay or should l stop it now ?
Another option , for two days l try to settle him by suush pat for the early waking but no success this makes me upset . He ha 3 naps one cat nap . If l cant settle him and he sleeps two 30 min naps can l settle him in the sling for the third nap if he wakes up again ? This makes him confused or is it okay ?
I am so worried about doing something wrong because l am really afraid to spoil my night .
Last ;) when can we say that early wakings are not developmental ?

Today is until now it is perfect :)
07:55 woke up activity
09:25-30 sleep
10:20 Woke up
10:25 sleep in the sling
10:45 put in the crib
10:55 woke up activity
12:30-35 sleep
2:00 woke up
3:40 sleep
5:20 woke up activity
6:40 sleep in the sling
7:15 woke up feeding bath massage he didnt want to feed again
8:35 sleep
At night
1:45 feeding
5:45 feeding
7:30 woke up but not ready for the day l feed him for 7 min he sleeps again( is it a problem shouldn't l breastfeed him ? This is always like this )
8:30 woke up happily

Wonder about the night :)

I am really happy he will learn it and l hope it will go on like this :)
I am really looking forward to having your e mail
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 05:27:12 am by gozde »
:)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2018, 08:03:35 am »
For example today he wake up 8:45 l start wd 9:40 and he sleeps 10:20 (but he wakes up 11:35  How this is possible he has 1 hour 55 min activity nearly and he sleeps 1 hour 15 min this means he needs more activity than 1 hour 30 min ?
Well, a significant amount of that 1:25 was being settled to sleep, so maybe more like 1:20 or 1:30 A time but all A time, not 40mins of going to sleep.

And between 12weeks to 16 weeks hıw many min should he have activity tüme ? Howoften should l add time to activity ? I think l have a problem about finding suitable activity time too
So from 3 mo to 4mo, there's an increase in average A time from 1:30 to 2hr, so you can just add 15mins each fortnight or so.

o it takes too long to make him sleep so if he wakes up after 40 min should l try to sleep him again or feed him then go on ??
I would just feed and get on with things rather than trying to resettle. WD only need be ~2-3mins, 5mins maximum of cues to tell LO its time for sleep. It doesn't need to be a huge long thing or you'll get massive fights against sleep.

I think reducing the shush/pat will be much easier if you fill the A time with activity and keep the wind down to a very short process that is consistent for each nap.

And l will stop using sling for make him sleep for the second sleeping he becomes 3 months ? Is it okay or should l stop it now ?
Either of these is fine, it doesn't matter a great deal. Just be ready to be consistent with your change when you make it.

8:35 sleep At night 1:45 feeding 5:45 feeding 7:30 woke up but not ready for the day l feed him for 7 min he sleeps again( is it a problem shouldn't l breastfeed him ? This is always like this ) 8:30 woke up happily
This is a pretty good night. No big issue with feeding when he wakes at 7:30 am, that's fine :)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 04:56:42 am »
Thanks for your answers , when can we say early wakings are not devrlopmental ?

Offline becj86

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 06:38:13 am »
You mean short naps of ~40mins? About 5 months or earlier i he does go through the transition on their own sometimes and not others, its more likely to be UT when they don't.

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2018, 07:48:47 am »
Yes for 40 min wakes so it is nearly 5 months thanks

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2018, 17:36:50 pm »
Hi ,
We are 12+6 today. It is amazing the time is flying. I have checked my easy notes we generally have one long nap everyday. Sometimes there is no help sometimes l do wake to sleep. We have a full 1 hour 30 min activity generally it works. I say a lullaby ın my arms then put his bed give his paci hold from his back firmly and he sleeps. But today it is awful l couldnt sleep him for nearly 40 min. And finally l sleep him in my arms. This can happen too ??
I want to say him have a good sleep and leave the room and he sleeps( without crying). So l try to reduce helping him gradually . Do you suggest anything ? How can l manage it ? And when should l do this?
Today easy
At night
1:30-2:10 breastfeed
4:30-5:10breastfeed
In the morning
7:50 wake up
9:25 sleep
9:45 turn him in the bed
10:45 wake up
12:10 wd and try to sleep but cant
12:45 he sleep finally
1:05I turn him in his bed
1:10 wake up l sleep him in my arms
1:20 put him in his bed
2:25 wake up
3:45 wd and try to sleep but cant
4:30 sleep in my arms
5:25 wake up
6:20 sleep in sling
6:50 wake up
8:10 sleep
At night
12:40-1:15 bf
6:00-6:20 bf
7:30 wake up start the day
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:34:02 am by gozde »

Offline becj86

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2018, 12:43:59 pm »
Here:
12:10 wd and try to sleep but cant12:45 he sleep finally
and here:
2:25 wake up 3:45 wd and try to sleep but cant
Both times, a little under the 1:30 A time when you did the WD and that can be enough to have him fight the nap whilst undertired then miss the window.

Having said that, the day is looking pretty good actually, plenty of mums would be delighted with a day like that, I certainly would have been when DS was not quite 3mo.

I want to say him have a good sleep and leave the room and he sleeps( without crying). So l try to reduce helping him gradually .
This is exactly what we suggest - gradually reduce your assistance - lighter touch, slower patting initially, then none, just stand there, then the next step is to leave the room when he's settled but not quite asleep and so on until you put him down and go again. There's nothing to say you shouldn't start reducing your assistance now, you're there and know him best so if you think he can do it, give it a go.

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2018, 13:41:42 pm »
It becomes really difficult to make him sleep :( he cries a lot for 4 days, it was going well l say lullaby put his bed put my hand to his back and he goes to dlerp but now he really fights to me you think because of the a time but it is really difficult to adapt it when he sleeps short.

Offline becj86

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2018, 02:39:50 am »
Growth spurt? Is he wanting to eat? 3 months is a pretty normal time for a GS.

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2018, 14:04:38 pm »
Yes l think so :) he eats a lot too. Today it is awful he cries a lot for the nap and l cant settle him. He slept in my arms finally. I am worried that it can be a habit. I try hard really to settle him in the bed with suush pat but not work sometimes generally for his last nap before catnap . I think he is tired for the day so l give less a time. I hope it is temporary.
I was thinking to reduce the suush pat but now it doesnt work :( l am really disappointed today :((

Offline becj86

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2018, 00:26:08 am »
I would probably add in a topup feed somewhere to make sure he's not hungry and see if that helps. If he's still fighting naps, he might be undertired(and swiftly become overtired whilst fighting the nap) in which case you can try adding a bit more A time.

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2018, 10:24:51 am »
You are right about a time l try 1 hour 40 min and he doesn't fight for the nap but l have him in my arms a bit longer for the lullaby maybe two-three more min. He wakes up 40s min. I managed to settle him in my arms and sleeps in my arm. Then put his bed . So yes he has a GS and yes it is better to add some a time . Now we are 13 weeks 5 days :)
Thanks for your help

Offline becj86

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 22:40:17 pm »
Great, glad that helped. Keep in mind that A time keeps increasing on average by 15mins every fortnight until 6 months then it sometimes slows down a bit, so lots of little increases when you see these signs with his sleep will hopefully keep you out of big trouble with A times :)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 19:07:55 pm »
Hi again :)
He is 15 weeks old. He is stiil in the swaddle and my city is hot and l have to take him out from the swaddle at most in two weeks. I bought sia sleeping suit for him his legs will be in it his arms will be outside. I can't manage to reduce the assistance , two days it şs really good but then it comes again where l started:) so l think it will be better to do it when he is out of the swaddle. Our naps are generally short 40 min. But sometimes he sleeps a long nap. I hope he is learning. Generally hşs first nap islong but then the other becomes short. l extend his naps in my arms he sleeps again then put his crib and fix my hamd to his back for awhile then leave the room,

but for two days he woke up when l take my hand from his back:( maybe l hold my hand too long then he wants it for all his sleep ??
 I am sending our one day and again the first nap is perfect then the others are short and l wonder ypur comment about your naps and night sleeping?
The last thing, do we have an average of nf for the months ?
Our nights were really better and he started waking up really early why do you think ?
He is a bit fighting m for his bt for three days why do you think so ? Because of his last nap time ? Howlong later should he go to bed after his last nap ?

28 may
07:40 sleep
10:00-10:20 df
02:20-02:40 bf
05;45 bf but he cant go on sleeping
New day
06:25 wake up start the day
08:15 sleep
09;45 wake up
11:25 sleep
12:12 wake up
12:35 make him sleep then go out
12:40 wake up
2:30 sleep
03:08 wake up
03:30 l make him sleep in his bed go out but two min later he wake up
05:04 sleep in the sling
05:40 wake up
7:50 bt it really takes time to male him sleep
Night is the best ( there is no poo so he can sleep until 7 )
01:00-01:30 bf
04:30-05:00 bf
29may my best dayyy
07:15 start the day :)
09:00 sleep
10:25 wake up
12:05-8 sleep
1:45 wake up
3:20-25 sleep
4:20 wake up
5:40 sleep in the sling
6:15 ıwake up
7:45 sleep

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 18:50:34 pm by gozde »

Offline becj86

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2018, 08:14:18 am »
Overall, your nights are pretty good. At 4 months, I would expect to see a DF and 2 other NFs - very normal. I think some of your naps are a tad short and it looks like those are happening after slightly shorter A times, eg.
09;45 wake up 11:25 sleep12:12 wake up
A time here was 10mins shorter than the first one after a solid nap - probably just UT.

He's getting close to 4mo where A time of 2hr is pretty standard, so keeping A times close to 1:50 to 2hr is a good plan for you.

Whilst your naps are a little different each day, you're doing well. Many people can only dream of a day like those you're having.