Author Topic: 6 weeks old short naps and fights always for the naps  (Read 17323 times)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 6 weeks old short naps and fights always for the naps
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2018, 10:50:17 am »
Hi again ,
He will be 16 weeks tomorrow. We have 1:55 or 2:00 activity. He sometimes can pass the 30 and 40 min.and sometimes he can go through the cycles own his own but he wakes up 1 hour 10 min later.And he seems sleepy even l can make him sleep again with suuus pat in the crib. So this is an another cycle ?
My city is really hot and ı have to take him out from the swaddle .but how ? Do we have any strategy for it ?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 13:32:48 pm by gozde »
:)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2018, 09:37:03 am »
You can wean the swaddle in a few ways: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=251444.0

When DS was swaddled in the summer here (>40 degrees, often), I just had him in a nappy only and used a light muslin fabric to swaddle.

Is he waking after 1:10 total nap time? If so, you could probably increase his A time just a touch - 5-10mins.

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2018, 18:39:43 pm »
Hi again ,
He started sleeping with his sleeping bag it is very very thin. He is 18 weeks old and he began to roll so he sleeps then try to roll and wake up. I try to make him sleep on his tummy but he doesn't like it so l put towel to his back. Naps are sometimes long sometimes short.
Questions:

1 Do you have any suggestion for a new rolling baby sleeping ?
2 after stop using swaddle it takes longer to make him sleep, l say a lullaby then put the crip give his sleeping toy. Then wait in the room, he screams manytra crying and trying to rolling and when managed to roll on his tummy he becomes angry and star a real crying. I put him on his side and do sussh pat but l try to stop when he stop crying because l want to teach him to sleep by his own. But he started crying again do l star and stop patting he started crying and stopper crying . Do we have a time for example after two weeks we should go out and wait outside the room and give time for crying then go in and speaking then go out ? Do you have any suggestion about it ?
3 we have got 1:55 - 2 hour activity he is 18 weeks old. He has three naps and one catnap but his last nap is always short it is 35- 45 min and l cant extend it :( why do you think ?

Our one day easy
07:20 wake up
09:05 Put in the crib after the wd
09:25 he spoke a lot when he started crying l pat and suush then slept
10:45 wake up
12:40sleep
1:40 wake up
3:35 sleep
4:15 wake up :( try to make him sleep he sleeps but wake in a minute for two times
5:40 sleep in the sling
6:15 wake up
8:05 sleep in 20 min no touching:))
Night
10:30 df
3:30 bf
7:00 wake up
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 17:17:41 pm by gozde »

Offline becj86

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2018, 04:07:38 am »
1 Do you have any suggestion for a new rolling baby sleeping ?
This is a tricky phase because he's just learned a new skill. He will master it soon and his sleep will be less disrupted. Sometimes you just have to muddle through for a week or so until he's really worked it out.

At 18 weeks, average A time is 2-2:10hr, so if you keep him up a bit longer, he make go to sleep more quickly and sleep longer again. This:
07:20 wake up09:05 Put in the crib after the wd
is not 1:55-2hr A time. It is 1:45 and he fell asleep at 2:05 A time so if you can put him down closer to nap time, you will get less protests pre-sleep.

12:40sleep 1:40 wake up
This nap is 1hr long - better than 30-40mins but still a touch undertired.

I think overall based on what you've written, an A time of 2hr minimum, potentially 2:10-2:15 will be what he needs at the moment. I would also keep in mind that A time increases by about 15mins every fortnight for the next 2-3 months of his life, so you have to keep increasing as he grows.

His day length is perfect. I suspect you'll be down to 3 naps in the day soon, as you increase his A times and his naps get longer again.

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2018, 15:08:10 pm »
Thanks for your message, l found an average time how should l read it ? For example for 4 months old 1:45 -2:00 hours he will be 19 weeks old in two days 5 months old 2:00-2:30 hours it says. You write for the 18 weeks 2:00-2:10 times thank you 🙏🏼 Can you help me for reading this timetable ? Or do we have more detailed according to the weeks ?
One more thing he goes to sleep for the night by himself 🙏🏼We are working on the day time nap for sleeping independently. But l cant  find the exact a time  :( it was really difficult for me .

Offline becj86

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2018, 08:13:50 am »
Well done on the independent sleep :) That's fantastic progress!

But l cant  find the exact a time   it was really difficult for me .
This can be quite individual - babies do vary.
I find that if we can find an appropriate time for your LO (I suggested something about based on what you'd written as his day routine) then we just increase by 10-15mins every fortnight and usually that holds you pretty steady with a reasonable increase that is age-appropriate. There are some tricks to working out the best A time as it can depend upon the rest of the day or how the night went, etc.  I'm happy to have a look at how your last few days have been EAS-wise and give you some suggestions if you would like that.

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2018, 10:21:19 am »
Update message,
Finally and with your help he can sleep independently in naps and bt  For yesterday we tried  to put him in his crib after two hours.  It seems fine. He sleeps without nearly no voice in two min.(  and can it be a clue for us for the approriate a time ?)then he sleeps 2:20 hours but he has a scream at the 35 min today then go on sleeping and he slept for 2:40  hours .  And howlong should it be ? Is it too long ? Because at night he wakes up more then usual . what does this mean?)
And one question to,  if he does not fight for the nap this is a signal for us for the approriate a time ?
I would like to thank to you. You help me a lot and knowing that you are there makes me feel strong.
My love , his name is Atlantis , is 19 weeks old today. İt is really amazing, time is flying.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:19:11 am by gozde »

Offline becj86

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2018, 08:38:15 am »
He is doing beautifully. At this age, 2hr A time is pretty spot on, perhaps a little more but if he's doing well with 2hr, keep going with that for another week or two then increase by 10-15mins so you don't get stuck with A times too short for him.

Naps of 1.5-2hr are ideal but if he sleeps a little longer that is ok, so long as he still sleeps at night. He could be wanting to feed more often at night if he's in a growth spurt. When is he waking at night?

And one question to,  if he does not fight for the nap this is a signal for us for the approriate a time ?
Often, yes.

Well done, I think you know your baby well and I'm so glad you feel strong xx

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2018, 11:32:11 am »
Hi again :)
Yesterday night he wakes up at the same hour but l didn't go immediately and he went on sleeping after ten min. Then he wakes up 2 hours later for the df. I try to nurde him more in the day time incase it is a growspirt. His night routine like this generally :

Question :

He wakes up at the 45 min of his nap then cry fot 10 min then go on sleeping and sleep for one more ? What does this mean ?

7:45 - 8:00 sleep fot the night
10:40-11:00 df
Wakes up between 03:00 -4:30 for one time
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:51:33 pm by gozde »

Offline becj86

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2018, 03:03:45 am »
He wakes up at the 45 min of his nap then cry fot 10 min then go on sleeping and sleep for one more ? What does this mean ?
Either he's not quite tired enough and a little A time may help or he's just learning to keep sleeping through the transition from one sleep cycle to the next. 4mo is a time when their sleep cycles become more pronounced.

Of course, I suggest if his cry is escalating and he needs you, please go and assist him but if you're hearing a mantra cry and he's just trying to get back to sleep, leave him to it :)

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2018, 05:11:47 am »
Thanks for the answer he will be 20 weeks old tomorrow. He goes to bed 08:00 qclock for his bed time .

I breastfeed him 10:30-11:00 then sometimes he wakes up between 1:30 -2:00 is it early or it normal ? Then  l breastfeed then he wakes up at 4:00-4:30 again fir feeding then get up 07:30 for the day. Howmany hours should he have between the feeding for night ?

Offline gozde

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2018, 11:14:00 am »
This a thank message :)
My lo is 21 weeks old and finally he sleeps two long sleep ( 1,25 min and 1:40 min) and one cat nap.
Nights are good too. Two wake up generally for breastfeeding. Thank you so much dear Becj86, you are always there and always patient to me. I would love to say to all mom , be patient trust yourself and your baby. And this forum is a real treasure for us. Thanks to everybody.