Author Topic: 2-1 at almost 9months, too early?  (Read 4904 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 2-1 at almost 9months, too early?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 08:06:33 am »
Sorry, I didn't mean to abandon you. My back is very bad and I haven't been able to get on-line. I am still bad so can't rely post properly.
I've highlighted your thread to the other mods and hopefully you can get some support over here.

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 17:30:56 pm »
Ah that’s awful! Hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than backache!

Offline NattysMom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 18:51:06 pm »
I don’t see how that’s possible either. My LO definitely would not have been OT from that but she does have pretty low sleep needs. Maybe she’s UT at BT, have you tried more AT before BT? When we were in 2 naps she’d mostly have shorter naps, we’d have something like this:

WU 730
A 4:00
S 1130-1215
A 3:45
CN 4-430
A 3-3:30
BT 730/8

I know this looks like no day sleep at all but her naps only got longer since getting more AT and switching to one nap. Anything longer than 45m was pretty rare for us. She always has had a long AT in the morning, getting shorter as the day goes on. But if she had a long morning nap like that she would probably need more AT in the afternoon. I’d usually have to cap her CN so BT wasn’t too late.

I’ve had wake ups shortly after going to bed for both OT and UT. Is she upset and sleepy when she wakes up after BT or happy? I can usually tell pretty easily when she wakes up if she’s OT or UT.

Maybe the morning nap needs to be capped to 1.5h so you can still have 2 naps with a reasonable BT?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 19:08:00 pm by NattysMom »
Rachel          ~ 🌷🌼 Natalie Aurora 💗 May 2017 🌼🌷 ~

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 06:10:00 am »
She just cries with her eyes closed, easy to replug her and resettle but annoying to do it every hour. She’s definitely not chatty and happy.
She’s unfortunately not going to get a long second nap. With the longer A times her second nap is now right in the middle of when I pick her sister up. So I usually aim for an A of 3.5h and stick her in a pram and walk 45min to the preschool. She wakes just as a get there. She’s never napped longer in a pram.
Do you think maybe cap nap 2 at 30min then? Or cap nap 1 at 2h to move nap to up and give her a longer a before bed time? Although how long should it be after a cn?

Offline NattysMom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 00:35:35 am »
If it was me I’d cap the catnap at 30 mins. Hopefully an extra 15 mins of AT before BT would help. At 9mo mine would rarely do any less than 3h before BT and average AT for 8-10mo is 3-4h.
Rachel          ~ 🌷🌼 Natalie Aurora 💗 May 2017 🌼🌷 ~