Author Topic: Does my easy need tweaking ?  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Jojo290615

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 02, 2018, 11:32:34 am »
Hi !
My little girl is almost 17 weeks.
For the last 2 or 3 weeks we have been working on her naps and her bedtime. And helping her to self soothe.
It’s has been going really well! She falls asleep most of the times by herself with little fuss. If she does, I give her a little help. But no more rocking to sleep!

She is currently going through I think the 4 month sleep regression and also leap 4! Not sure though about the sleep regression.. as it Doesn’t affect her naps but it does the night wakenings.

So maybe my East needs tweaking ..

Up until about 2 weeks ago she was sleeping through until 4/5 and even made it a couple of times to 6!
But since about one week she is fussing with her bottle and not drinking as much during the day .. eats well at bedtime and dream feed .. but still a less than normal.

She takes every nap in her pram outside.
Here is our routine
Wake up 7 ( sometimes before but we stay in bed until 7)
E: 7 or a bit later depending on the night feed. This morning she ate at 5:30.
A :
S 9:00
E 11 ( or a little later depending on last feed)
A
S 13
E 15:00
A
S 16:15... need to rock her in her pram for this one as she isn’t tired enough.
Wake up from catnap at 16:45
E: 17:45
A bedtime routine and finishes the rest of her bottle before bed
S :19:00
E dreamfeed 10:30 pm ( we change diaper too but this wake her up!)

I will try today to keep the second nap at 1,5 hours so the catnap is a bit easier.

She currently drinks between 100ml and 120ml but before she would eat more. The teat isn’t the problem as she drinks at a good speed. She just gets distracted I think.. and milk isn’t that important to her anymore.

She has started waking up again around 2 or 3 .. she is hungry but I’m wondering if she is getting too much sleep during the day ? She is tired at bedtime but is quite awake for the night feed.

Is there anything I could do better?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Does my easy need tweaking ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 18:04:00 pm »
Your EASY looks great :)

The night waking for feeds can just be a growth spurt or as you said she is eating less in the day she might be making up for it at night. You could try feeding in a quieter room away from distractions perhaps?

Offline Jojo290615

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 18:17:13 pm »
Thanks Creations :)
She actually ate a bit more today so let’s see if it makes any difference.

Is one nap of two hours and the other of 1,5 hours ok ? Or is it too much ? The last cat nap is 30 mins.
I have to wake her for each nap..she would sleep much more!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Does my easy need tweaking ?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 18:57:02 pm »
Is one nap of two hours and the other of 1,5 hours ok ?
It's fine, with the CN too.
It sounds unusual to me that she needs to be woken from every nap though, but as your night length is good then perhaps this is your most suitable routine.

How long would she sleep if left?
Just wondering if she sleeps such long naps maybe she could move to an older EASY routine of 2 long naps (2hrs or more).  She's young but some do shift to a 2 nap routine earlier than others.  Is she okay about being woken? Not bad tempered and upset?

Offline Jojo290615

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 08:34:36 am »
I’m not sure how long actually, I alsways wake her after 2 hours or 2.15, I just thought that more than two hours she would be making up for night wakenings.

She normally wakes up happy from her naps but as she going through her leap she is a bit grumpy when I have to undress her etc.
Last night she woke at 1:00 crying but kind of asleep,  gave her the paci and jigged her nest a bit and she fell back.
Then woke at 4.. tried to resettle but I thought she was hungry but only drunk 100ml. She was a bit difficult to get back again and then she woke again at 6:15.. resettled her again and she fell back until 7.
I’m guessing these wakenings are developmental,