Author Topic: An alternative pat/shh technique that worked miracles for me!  (Read 24735 times)

Offline mellie3192

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: An alternative pat/shh technique that worked miracles for me!
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2011, 00:02:52 am »
Hi all,

I know this was an old thread, but I just HAD to write in it and say thankyou thankyou thankyou!!  Also this might help other mum's out there whose baby's fight the shush-pat.

I just have not been able to wean my 4 month old off rocking in arms to sleep - she fights sleep every step of the way, especially during the day (Yes, she's spirited  ;)). 

So in my usual internet searching for an answer I came across this thread and thought I would give this technique a try as I didn't have anything to lose.

So I thought - I'll try it until my back gives out (where I usually have ended up with other techniques)

Well!  My little one has gone from fully awake to fast asleep in her cot in 12 MINUTES FLAT!  For her MORNING DAYTIME nap!

I have NEVER before settled her in her cot!  To say I'm stunned would be an understatement.

It took me a minute to figure out the push-pat rhythm, but once I got it she quieted right down and drifted off.

Anyway, just wanted to say thankyou again to the original poster - you never know how the advice you share will keep on giving (especially to this desperate mum!)

:)

Offline Love, laughter, & PJs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Formerly kmk512
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 03:49:57 am »
No time to read this right now but always good to learn new techniques!  Will be back. :)
*Kate*

Offline Leximum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2018, 05:33:52 am »
https://youtu.be/AjN8tOofX0w

A video demonstration by Sharlene herself.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:10:00 am by Leximum »