Author Topic: I think we've AP ourselves into a hole!  (Read 1231 times)

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
I think we've AP ourselves into a hole!
« on: April 09, 2018, 04:13:43 am »
Hi ladies!  DS is now 5.5months old and is short napping every day. Once he wakes I cannot resettle him.  PU/PD makes him cry actual tears.  He also needs to be resettled almost every bed time from crying, not fussing. We're rather done. 
He is our third so his EASY is not what I would love but essentially he's awake for about 2hrs but is only sleeping for 45min-1hr.  As a result he's just wiped and it's difficult to extend his A time, then at bed time he wakes screaming after 20mins and we have to rock/bum pat him back to sleep.  We have never had to do this with our other two.  Someone help me get him back on track!  I just tried to write down his EASY and it's so messy it made my head spin! 

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
Re: I think we've AP ourselves into a hole!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:20:01 am »
Hi Laura,

I'm thinking at nearly 6mo, he needs more than 2hr... Try increasing A times to ~2.5hr-2:45 and see how you go. Those naps should get longer. If you do it all in one big jump though, just be ready to resettle OT 30min naps for a few days :) I think you just have to bite the bullet and increase the A times even though its hard because otherwise the chronic OT will build and it'll get harder still.

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
Re: I think we've AP ourselves into a hole!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 13:49:39 pm »
Ok, will do! I was wondering the same, guess it’s time to bite the bullet. Thanks!