Author Topic: Help with a routine please.  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Sunflower18

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 09, 2018, 22:20:15 pm »
Hello, I'm new to this forum and to EASY. I have been having some problems with my baby's routine and a friend of mine told me about the EASY way. I wanted some help on finding a good routine please.
I think she sleeps really less for her age. She will be turning 5months on the 10th April. I use to feed her to sleep but now I've been putting her to sleep awake but drowsy. This is her sleep and nap times for the last 3 days:

[07/04]
10.30pm-7.00am
9.00- 9.30
11.30 - 12.15
2.30-4.00 moaning at 45min
6.10-630
8.30-8.45
10.00pm bedtime moaning at 45mins.

[08/04]
9.00am awake
11.00 - 1.00
2.50 -3.15
5.30 - 6.10
9.15 - 9.45
11.30 sleep.

[09/04]
7.00am awake
8.00-9.30
11.10-11.40
1.10-1.45 awake tapped her back to sleep
Back to sleep until 3.00
5.15 - 5.45
7.40 - 8.20
10.30pm sleep

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Help with a routine please.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 07:40:37 am »
Hello - sorry you post has been missed - I shall bump now and hopefully you will get some help  :)

Offline Sunflower18

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 10:55:53 am »
Thank you for the bump.

[10/04]
7am feed in her sleep
10am wake up
12.00-12.30 nap
2.20-4.20 woken up from nap.
6.20-7.30 nap
9.30 bedtime cried and fell asleep at 10.00pm

Offline Sunflower18

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 11:03:56 am »
Last night she went to sleep at 10.00pm, then she woke up at 6 for a feed. But then again at 7.30am! I don’t know why. She cried I tapped her but then I think she thought it was playing time so she played for a bit got a bit bored after like 20 minutes then I tapped her she eventually fell asleep at 8.30 for about an hour.
Woke up at 9.30 ish

And I’ve put her down at 11am because I think yesterday when I did two hours of wake time she was really tired...
So I did 1.5hr and she still seems tired she was playing fine and then after a bit she started getting a little upset so I knew it was her nap time

Right now I’m just trying to get her out of the habit of feeding before any sort of sleep.
So I’m doing the EASY. That’s my main focus because then she knows she doesn’t feed the breast to sleep.

Then what I’ve been doing is just putting her down when she’s tired (I’m still struggling to find the stage when she’s just starting to get tired and over tired) and then just tapping her.. also keeping the room a bit dark.

Seems to be going ok but at night I need to pick her up till she calms down then keep repeating the tap shh stroke because she has these outburst of cry like somethings really upsetting her just very suddenly.
Hopefully in the next few days I’ll have this down.
I’m also keeping track of her sleep times so I get some sort of idea. But that’s proving to be difficult as i have no idea.

MAINLY I’m trying to figure out why she has the 30 minute naps. 😤
So just keeping track of it.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Help with a routine please.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 06:06:11 am »
Hi there and welcome :)  Sorry you haven't had any advice as yet - hopefully we can help. As a beginning point have you found this link?

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=186622.0

One thing that immediately jumps out at me from your routines is how late bedtime is.  Now different things will work for different families, and there are also different cultural norms, but typically the EASY routine works on a 12h day or thereabouts.  What I can't quite see from what you posted is what time 'morning' is?  A 10pm bedtime is probably fine if you are aiming for morning (getting up for the day) at 9-10am but if you need to be up and about earlier, you may need to move bedtime earlier to compensate.  It may help to have a think about when you'd like morning and bedtime to be, and then start to establish a consistent bedtime.  For the mornings you should treat anything before your ideal WU time as night time - so lights off, no interaction, feed if needed but then straight back down into bed.  Often more of a 7-7 routine works well with daylight and baby's body clocks, but I appreciate that doesn't suit everyone.  Get some good blackout blinds if you want a later wakeup!!

In terms of the daytime once you have a longer night established (11-12h) then it's a case of working out what A times work for your little one (LO).  This link is definitely one to keep hold of: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=84884.0  At 5 months we'd expect your LO to be able to stay awake for 2-2.5h at a time.  5-7 months is often a time of fairly rapid increases in A time, with many LOs consolidating their daytime naps from 3 (or 4 short ones) down to 2 longer naps. 

30 minute naps are tricky.  They often suggest over tiredness - not necessarily that the A time on that particular day was wrong, but it can be an accumulation of tiredness.  Hopefully getting your nights a little more consistent will help with that and then you can work on getting those A times right :)