Author Topic: 8mp, How much should she be eating?  (Read 10827 times)

Offline eva026

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
Re: 8mp, How much should she be eating?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 18:04:58 pm »
Laughing my head off 🤣 just picturing you drinking from a sippy.
I’ll give it a go. With formula, no way I’m drinking my own breast milk! Yuck!
 She does drink water and tea from a sippy and has had freshly squeezed orange juice from a straw though, so she knows how it works.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 18:38:39 pm »
just picturing you drinking from a sippy.
The things we do for our kids eh!

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 18:14:17 pm »
Ok so today: bf 8am, breakfast 9am cottage cheese with chives, bf 11am, lunch 1.30 half an avocado and some tomato soup, bf 2.50 just before I left for work. 5pm bm custard (60ml of bm and one yolk) she ate all, snack 3 strawberries, dinner 6.30pm egg white with cauliflower and breadcrumbs ( she had maybe 5 tblsp of that) plus she had a whopping 30ml of formula masked by rooibos tea in a sippy. She still pounced on my starving when I got home at 7.30 and had a long bf. Don’t know what else to do so she isn’t hungry...

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 18:43:19 pm »
That all sounds like a very reasonable amount of food over the course of the day.
You're already offering higher fat/protein and dairy which ought to help her be fuller and give her what she needs but I wonder if she could take a whole egg or some meat/fish or beans/lentils, perhaps that could help?
Maybe it isn't so much hunger but comfort and re-connecting with you that's leading to pouncing on your for BF when you get home?  Is she used to being with you full time prior to you going back to work?  You aren't gone all that long but if she isn't used to it she might just need to re-connect?
When she's had enough of the food being offered (whichever meal it is) is she then offered something else, like a finger of toast or some pasta, something carbsy perhaps?  I'm just thinking if she's had enough avocado and soup would she then have a piece of something different in addition?