Author Topic: How do you help your child recover from over stimulation and over tirednedd  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Leximum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

So I was doing EASY...it was going great but in hindsight I needed to extend her A times as she was waking in the early am and happily chatting away to herself. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

So instead of doing this I got lured into some advertising of another program that stated awake times of 2 hours. My LO is 7 weeks. 4 days later she's a mess and has Colic for the first time.

So back we go to EASY but now with an overtired and over stimulated child.

Any tips to get her back level or will following the routine enable her to catch back up?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Welcome to BW forums :)

Just reducing the A time to a reasonable time for her age (1hr 15 unless/until you work out her individual preference for shorter or longer than guidance times) will get her over the OT and get her back on track.
If you were also trying to sleep train at the same time as changing the routine you might do a couple of days without trying to sleep train and just let her sleep where most comfortable (usually that is on you) using any cuddling, rocking or feeding to sleep needed to keep her calm and well rested.  If she likes to sleep in the cot or basket you could keep a hand on her throughout the nap and start a slight rocking or shush/patting whenever she stirs to help sooth her and keep her asleep for the nap length.

Staying home and having fewer visitors can also really help with getting over OT an OS. It doesn't need to be more than a couple of days I'd say, just a few quiet days without lots of new faces should help.  Then perhaps try to limit trips out or visitors to once per day while she is so young, and try to keep her place of sleep consistent, that would help her get into her EASY routine.

hope this helps

Offline Leximum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Thanks! Will give this a try and hope for better sleep overnight again. And then will tackle where she is sleeping (currently in a front pack during the day).

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Hope things settle down for you.
We're here if you need support :)