Author Topic: Should I allow a longer nap for ew  (Read 17529 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Should I allow a longer nap for ew
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2018, 12:10:38 pm »
The 1-0 is a pain of a transition and you can get OT build up and grumpy kids as they know their mind a bit more and like DS2 here for last 2 weeks decided he’s not napping lol he’s 27 months and I don’t think ready to drop nap but what can you do....so I’m doing appropriate timed walk or drive to get at least 30/40 mins in and then earlier BT.

I’d give it a good week and if nothing gets better then maybe try a walk or drive to get a little nap in.

I know it makes you anxious and no amount of anyone telling you that it will be ok will help but it will pass and she will may be a grouch for a while but then she will get used to new sleep pattern and grouch will end.

But developmental phases can affect sleep so it may be that x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2018, 17:06:31 pm »
Thanks again. I’m biting the bullet and opting for a slightly earlier bedtime. Thank god for iplayer so I can reinact bedtime hour  ;D
She was pasted at lunchtime and we were out so she car napped Home, about 45 mins, she’d have slept longer cos she normally wakes as she knows the bumps in our toad but she stayed asleep, hubby made noise and woke her and she was proper miserable, hence the early bedtime  ::)
We had a prang in the car, 5 mins into her nap, someone scraped down her side of our car, she woke slightly but then went straight back to sleep, defo pooped bless her. When we came in after her nap she was clingy and whingey and wanted to sit in my knee. She soon came round and was bouncing about. They find their energy from somewhere don’t they?
Wish me luck and thank you for being there to chat to, hubby thinks I’m a nut job I’m sure and my mum just thinks she shouldn’t be napping anymore cos none of the other grandchildren napped like she does  >:( she thinks I force her to nap!!!
I’ll be glad when it’s all done withnif I’m honest, the transition is a killer, people are right when they say this can be the hardest!!

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2018, 18:15:04 pm »
Ok, so early bed has worked for less fidgeting and asleep within minutes. Let’s hope the early wake ups were ot related and she catch up again  ::) ???

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2018, 18:48:32 pm »
Oh dear so sorry to hear about the car, hoping the night goes well for you.
My DS1 used to wake up evil for a good hour but number 2 is easily pleased with a bit of tv bribery to get out of the grump.

All kids are different some like naps till they’re 4 some give up at 2...

Yahey for early BT enjoy the extra bit of peace xx
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2018, 19:44:53 pm »
That’s what I said to her dad. I said I’m gonna have to put her to bed early at least for my own sanity today!!
Tomorrow is another day hey?!  ;)
Thanks again for your support xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2018, 19:59:00 pm »
Everything is always a phase and tomor is always another day! Sleep well and I hope that tomo brings you a decent wake up.

Your welcome  :-* xx

Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2018, 05:32:43 am »
Ok, so early bedtime worked as she is still asleep at 6:30. The question is, what do I do for nap and bedtime today?  ???  ;D ::)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2018, 06:30:50 am »
yahey amazing  :) id prob do like yesterday 45 mins then BT similar see if it suits her with longer night shorter day?x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2018, 08:01:15 am »
But yesterday she was awake mega early and today she only woke around 6:45?? Sorry it’s like 20 questions x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2018, 11:39:35 am »
She may have been catching up, bit trial and error, so maybe same nap length and BT little later than yesterday?
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2018, 14:01:46 pm »
That’s what I was thinking too 👍🏻

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2018, 15:28:59 pm »
Fingers crossed x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2018, 18:56:15 pm »
She seemed wide awake so was gonna go fornusual bedtime after night garden. Then after a story with daddy she looked wasted so I quickly jumped to iplayer and stuck night garden in a bit earlier  ;D then in true toddler fashion she lit up like the Fourth of July in the bath with no encouragement. We had renditions of every song she knows and then practice swimming 🤦‍♀️
I held my breath and put her to bed just after 7 and she was asleep by about 20 past.
It must be a phase cos when we went away in March to Disneyland Paris, we had no ot issues at all and I was able to shift her bedtime later and earlier without a hitch. We even managed the daylight saving the weekend after we got back, with no problems. It’s these ew that rear their ugly head and mess everything up. It’s hard too as she rarely makes a noise when she wakes and I only know she’s woken early if I happen to be awake myself and check the monitor  ::)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2018, 19:08:26 pm »
Ooh ha ha it’s kinda funny when they start the singing or delaying tactics. Hope she sleeps well for you, hopefully you’ll just stay asleep and whatever time she wakes she will just chill x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2018, 06:33:45 am »
Oh my word, she slept until 7:20!! Something tells me this could be a no nap day cos no way she’ll be tired when they nap at school!!
Usually I’d have woken her by 7 but as we're experimenting I left her in the hope she’s learning to consolidate the night sleep  ???