Author Topic: 30 min naps  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Gella75

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 16, 2018, 16:19:04 pm »
Hi I have an 11week old baby who just won’t nap for longer than 30 mins at a time. She generally falls asleep easily but I can gaurentee she will be awake 30 mins later. The only times she sleeps longer is if we are out either in the pram or the car. But as soon as we get home she wakes up even if I’ve been pushing the pram around for ages she will always wake up! She gets quite overtired and is worse between 5-7pm when shes unsettled and she has to be fed to sleep but she will then sleep all night! How do I get these nice long naps in the day so I can actually get things done!!!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 30 min naps
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:37:13 am »
is worse between 5-7pm when shes unsettled
This is a pretty normal time for babies to be unsettled, even if they do get good sleep through the day.

How long is she awake before having a nap?

Offline Gella75

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:03:28 am »
Yeah I thought that was pretty normal, still annoying lol. She’s generally awake 1.5-2 hours before needing a nap but sometimes she fights it and will be awake for 3-4 hours without a nap!! If I get her to have a good nap between sometime from 2pm she will have a really settled evening and go to bed nicely. But I just can’t get the naps long enough.

Offline becj86

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 08:12:50 am »
I would err on the side of 1.5hr, maybe even a touch less and see if that helps.

Offline Gella75

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 07:44:43 am »
If I try to get her to sleep any earlier it just seems to take longer as she is wide awake and won’t go to sleep. Sometimes when she wakes after 30 minutes I try and settle her back to sleep put her dummy back in etc and she often looks like she going to drift back off as her eyes will keep closing but she just never quite goes back to sleep. And I waste about an 45 mins doing this by which time it’s lrobably nearly time for a feed again 😩

Offline becj86

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 07:23:01 am »
Is she upset when you go in? What does she do if you leave her to it? You may be disturbing her attempt to get back to sleep by trying to settle her...

Offline Gella75

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 18:09:32 pm »
Well yesterday when she woke after 30mins I didn’t go straight in, I watched her on the monitor for aboutv10 mins and she doesn’t get upset, just laying there wriggling around making noises. How long would you leave them to try and go back to sleep on their own? Thanks x

Offline becj86

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 22:58:37 pm »
If you didn't have the monitor, would you know she was awake? If she's not upset, leave her to it until its time to wake up.