Author Topic: 5month old wakes up a lot at night  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Anna87

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 25, 2018, 08:30:51 am »
Hi all,  I really need some advice.  Up to 3month my son was an OK Sleeper at night (he will go 5-6h without waking)  and had only one feed at night around 3. When he turned 4month he started to wake up a lot but I put it to sleep regression and teething,  he usually go back to sleep with a little help,  for last 3 weeks tho he's like a clock!  He goes to bed around 7 and wakes up at 9 sharp,  tossing and turning in his cot,  usually I'm able to sooth him back to sleep,  then he'll wake up around 00.30 can't put him back to sleep without feed,  then he wakes up around 2.30-3 sometimes I can get him back to sleep but most nights he's looking for bottle,  then he'll wake up around 4.30-5 goes back to sleep and start his day around 6-6.30. Not sure how yo break this circle.  I'm clueless.  I also dream feed around 10pm but he wakes up most night for it anyway.  His naps always been poor,  30_45 min.  I try the shh pat and sometimes I can get him to sleep for 1.5h. Also I notice that with every leap his going through he became a fussy eater,  not wanting bottle at all.  Any suggestions?

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 21:01:05 pm »
Hugs xx

I found 4/5 months so exhausting with each of mine.

It sounds like your LO is OT and if you say napping isn’t super then that would make sense. Could you give me a rough outline of your day? So when he eats and sleeps?

How does he get to sleep? Is he an independent sleeper?

Offline Anna87

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 07:03:30 am »
I'm suspect his UK,  because he wakes around 3 fully awake,  and can play for an hour or so...  Our dayyesterday :
Wake up 7
Then we eat
Sleep 9(45min)
Eat 9.45
Sleep 12.15(30 min)
Eat 1pm
Sleep 3pm (45min)
Eat 4pm
Then at 6.30 we go upstairs to start our evening routine
Eat 7pm

Then eat round 00.30.
He wakes up around 3am fully awake,  ready to play.. 

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 5month old wakes up a lot at night
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 23:24:30 pm »
There is a huge growth spurt at 4 months that for us continued to disrupt sleep to 6 months. His nap times look OK for an OT 5 month old, you are looking at 2-2.5 hours A time. Are you trying any sleep training consistently?

Just looking at your feed times and they are quite close. Have you tried extending them to allow for a bigger feed? could he be snacking? I am absolutely no expert just think that around that time feeds are around 7, 11, 3, 7.

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 5month old wakes up a lot at night
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:19:55 am »
It looks like you're feeding when he wakes - that's reasonable.

Cot parties like that long happy waking at 3am suggest he needs a longer first A time and really, I'd suggest shooting for 2:15 - 2:30 rather than 2hr at this age - average at 4mo is 2hr, average at 6mo is 2:45-3hr - it increase ~15mins every fortnight. Given he's OT after 2:30 A time off a 45min nap, maybe try 2:15 for a few days before increasing to 2:30 if needed.