Author Topic: Nearly 3yr old bed troubles  (Read 1200 times)

Offline amanda55

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Nearly 3yr old bed troubles
« on: April 30, 2018, 11:58:32 am »
Hello, my DS is turning 3 in a couple of weeks and recently sleep has become a problem, he is shouting and crying at bedtime, waking crying and shouting in the night and getting up earlier, not talking much so not sure what is upsetting him.  We have recently moved his bed against the wall as has started climbing out of the cotbed (I would like to get him sleeping better first before taking sides off cotbed otherwise there is no hope!), he still will have a nap easily at 1pm but unsure if this is the problem? One day last week had no nap and went to sleep at night quickly and slept through, this week had 2 days with a short 30min nap and back to being a nightmare,2 days no nap same thing a nightmare!

He has a nightlight in his room and a light that comes on with a timer which is his 'morning light' he is often out of bed before this though and coming out of his room.  Any advice on what might be the problem?
DD 21/05/2013
DS 18/05/2015

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Nearly 3yr old bed troubles
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 19:47:35 pm »
Nap could be starting to become problematic but there is an awkward phase where you can't do anything right with it!  No nap = grouchy OT child, nap = bedtime resistance/NWs and then grouchy OT child ::)

Could it be developmental changes?  My DS is super-shouty overnight when he's going through a bit of a leap.  Fears/dreams/imagination all kick in a lot more around this age - perhaps his brain is just struggling to process everything?

Are there any other changes going on for him at the moment? (Potty training, nursery, siblings etc?)