Author Topic: Bedtime tweaks  (Read 1315 times)

Offline SNSmith

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: May 06, 2018, 02:46:49 am »
Hello,
Having trouble with bedtime for 6.5mo. She’s been an independent sleeper I’d say and sleeps well overall, just noticing that for the last week I’ve had to be out driving around 5pm for various reasons and she falls asleep in the car, so a late nap. This coincided with very rough bedtimes - screaming etc around 7pm when starting routine. Eventually DD slept around 8:30 or so the past few nights, has a random night waking then sleeps till 7:30 or 8:30am. So overall not bad, just trying to consolidate naps, lengthen A times etc and get a good schedule going (which car naps and late bedtime/wu is not conducive to).

Anyway tonight we decided we’d try not leaving the house after 4pm and just playing quietly with her until sleepy. Then we did bedtime routine around 5:15pm and LO was asleep with minimal crying by 6pm. However she woke crying at 6:40pm and after 30 mins or so not being able to settle her back down we fed her and she took a full feed. Anyhow now she is happy...so she treated it as a quite late nap I guess which I was afraid of. How do I do the EBT without her treating as a nap? What to do when she does treat it as a nap? Shh pat worked wonders for us when she was small (not anymore) and we never needed pu/pd before since she slept great but now I wonder how to do pu/pd and if this is the right situation for it?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Bedtime tweaks
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 18:18:54 pm »
HI there

Is there a particular problem with her going to bed later (8.30pm) and waking later in the morning (8.30am)?  Do you need her up earlier to get out to work/school run or something?
She's doing a great length night so it could just be that she isn't ready to drop that last CN yet perhaps?  Are her other two naps a decent length?

If you do go for EBT try tanking her up before BT so that she gets a couple of feeds in, then if she wakes try offering food immediately rather than trying to resettle and just treat it as a night feed (ie feed in dim light and right back to bed). Otherwise it's quite a long time for her to go right through without that feed.