Author Topic: 12 months 2-1 naps?  (Read 1296 times)

Offline lkat

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 22, 2018, 23:04:52 pm »
My daughter just turned 12 months last week. For the past few months she has had a very predictable nap schedule, pretty much right down to the minute as follows:

6am WU
9.00-9.45 nap #1
2.00-3.00/3.30 nap #2
6:45 in bed
7.00pm asleep

However for the past few weeks it has been very sporadic. I put her down and she is awake for a long time before falling asleep. I figure I need to extend her awake times again but then the second nap ends up being at 4pm which is a little late.

In order to do the 2-1 transition LOs need to have one long nap, correct? I've never been able to get her to sleep more than an hour in the morning, even on days when she is awake until 11am (such as mornings where we have appointments etc). I have read other peoples posts where lo's nap from 11am-2pm. How do I extend that first nap to ensure she is getting enough sleep? Alternatively how could I keep the 2 nap schedule? I feel she is not quite ready to only have one nap especially if it ends up being a short one. Do I just go with a long morning nap and a cat nap in the afternoon? Or should I cap her morning nap at 30-45 mins to ensure she is tired enough for the afternoon nap? gah!

For about 2 months she is also waking earlier than she used to. She used to wake between 6:30-7:15. Now she wakes at 6am like clockwork. Even though I don't go into her room and feed her until 7am. Although this doesn't seem to be related to amount of naps as a few times we have been out and she has gone to bed at 9pm and still wakes at 6am. So maybe it is just one of those things ::)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 18:09:58 pm »
Hi there! Start pushing her activity time in the am by 15 mins. Then every 3 days there after keep pushing it 15 mins. It looks like she is setting around 3hrs activity time in the am which is a bit short for her age. So for the first few days her bed time will start at say WI 6 and nap at 9:15 and then 3hrs and 15 mins from when she wakes from her last nap. So you will keep pushing the activity time until her 2 nd gets later .. say around 4 and then at that time just shoot for an early bedtime rather then a second nap. It just dep nds on your child and how well the first nap goes. But I suspect once you start pushing that first nap, she will risprobably later in the morning and sleep longer for her nap too.

Offline lkat

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 16:33:23 pm »
Thanks. Yesterday was much better, it looked like this:

6am wu
9:45-11:00 nap 1
3:45-4:30 nap 2
7.00 bed/asleep

She fell asleep within minutes of being put down and seemed sleepy each time. I guess I will just have to watch the second nap to make sure it doesn't get too close to bed time ::)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 23:56:39 pm »
That’s great news! Keep in mind some days will go more smoothly than others and just go with the flow.