Author Topic: Needing advice for 3-2nap transition and every hour night waking  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Ginger002

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • I'll donate to BabyWhispererForums
My LO is going to be 6m in a week, he is in between the 3-2 nap transition. He wakes every hour at night for the past week and I guess it’s because of being OT during the day as he never get the long morning nap.

The first morning nap is very tricky because he got very tired, crying and eyes rubbing after 2h A time. Normally I put him to sleep at 2h or 2,5h mark and he would sleep for 30-50mins. Sometimes I got 1.5h but rarely.

The second nap is better he can go to sleep after 2.45min mark.

The catnap sometimes depending on the day I would give him 15-20mims to catch up with bedtime.

Our day is more or less like this:
W: 7.00
S: 9.20
W: 10:00
S: 12.45
W: 14.30
S: 17.00
W: 17.15
Bt: 19.15

He normally wakes 2,3 times after the first 2,3 hours of the night (since birth) alot between 3am to 7am
Thank you for your help.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Needing advice for 3-2nap transition and every hour night waking
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 01:11:11 am »
W: 7.00S: 9.20W: 10:00
This is actually fairly classic of an UT nap and he's waking a lot between 3am and 7am which is another sign of the same. Its probably worth increasing this A time to 2.5hr at least, 2:45 ideally and potentially up to 3hr within the week depending how he goes.

S: 17.00W: 17.15Bt: 19.15
The A time here is almost as long as his first A time of the morning off 15min sleep compared with a whole night of sleep. He's probably waking hourly through the first few hours of the night because he's OT at BT.

I think what will help most is to increase that first A time to 2:45, so nap at 9:45am. Be ready to resettle at 30min if he wakes OT the first day or two but that will settle in pretty quickly and he should then nap better and sleep in the early hours of the morning much better. Once the day is pushed a bit later, he may well drop the CN - he really only needs it because that first nap is short at the moment.